Last week marked two years since I started My Petit Canard. Two years since I sat in bed one evening in the middle of the night feeding our little lady, and discovered this wonderful, friendly, collaborative community. Two years of documenting the life of our little family, and two years of blogging my heart out. It has been a journey of self discovery and self awareness, one which has led to finding my passion. Here’s 10 things I’ve learned from blogging over the last two years:
1. Everyone has a reason for starting a blog. Everyone has a story, or a message that they want to share.
2. Blogging is a journey and a voyage of self discovery.
3. I have a voice and some people out there actually want to hear it.
4. I am a creative. I feel alive when I write and blog.
5. There is room for everyone. In two years of blogging I have come across so many different types of blogs. No two blogs are the same, each one has something different to offer and that’s what makes blogging so great.
6. You meet interesting, amazing, inspirational and fun people and organisations through blogging.
7. You won’t always feel like blogging or have something to blog about and that’s ok.
8. You can have a blog burn out. Blogging can be fun or stressful depending on how much pressure you put on yourself.
9. I can do and actually enjoy the technical bit. I’m not quite writing HTML yet, but I know how to throw a blog together and navigate our rather technical world of blogging.
10. Blogging is what you make of it, a hobby, a lifestyle, a job. The opportunities are endless.
Whether you’re new to blogging, or you’ve been blogging a little while, I’d love to hear what things have you’ve learnt from blogging!