This post would have been better timed for Shrove Tuesday a few weeks ago, but my obsession with American style pancakes has only just started so I thought I’d share our recipe now anyway. I love them so much that I’m thinking about starting a new little family tradition of having American style pancakes on weekends if it continues. I used to have an obsession with crepes, nutella and banana, but these days it’s these thick, fluffy pancakes with creme fraiche, blueberries and strawberries that are totally ruling breakfast times in our house. This is a super easy, one bowl recipe that gives you thick fluffy pancakes of deliciousness every time. Enjoy!
American Style Pancakes Recipe
Makes 10 pancakes
- 225g Plain Flour
- 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder
- 300ml Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2tsp Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2stp Unsalted Melted & Cooled Butter
1.Add all the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a mixing bowl.
2. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, then mix the eggs and milk together separately before adding to the mixing bowl and adding the melted butter.
3. Whisk everything together until you have a thick, smooth batter.
4. Melt the unsalted butter in a pan and spoon the pancake mix into the hot pan.
5. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes until small bubbles appear at the edges of the pancake and then flip and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
Serve straight out of the pan and douse them with some creme fraiche and your favourite berries, bananas or go traditional with some tasty maple syrup!