One of the joys of being on maternity leave is having more time and energy to cook in the evenings. The little lady is a huge fan of pasta, and I am a huge fan of quick and easy meals. With baby number two’s arrival due any day now, I know I’ll need to have lots of meals like these that I can throw together under my sleeve. The first time round when I was on maternity leave I cooked and froze at least a weeks worth of meals. Whilst it was really useful to have those meals there at our disposal, with quick and easy meals like these that only take 10 minutes to cook it doesn’t feel as necessary an exercise second time round.
This is one of my all time favourite pasta recipes, not only because is it super nutritious with not just one, but two brain foods it in, but because it is also so easy to cook it’s practically fool proof and the little lady loves it, win, win! So if you’re looking for a quick and easy toddler friendly meal, here’s my recipe for Salmon and Asparagus tagliatelle.
Makes: 4 Servings (simply multiply or half the ingredients if you need to make more or less!)
Preparation & Cooking Time: 10 mins
- Olive oil
- Flaked Smoked Salmon
- Double Cream (150ml)
- Asparagus tips
- Black Pepper
- Bring a pan of water to the boil
- Add the tagliatelle and boil according to packet
- Chop the asparagus into 1 inch pieces and add to the boiling pasta
- Drain the pasta and asparagus
- Add the double cream to the pan along with the pasta and asparagus
- Add the flaked smoked salmon
- Add dill, black pepper and olive oil, seasoning to taste
- Mix and cook for a further 2 – 3 minutes
- Accompany with a fresh baguette or garlic bread
If you decide to give this a try, I’d love to hear what you think. Bon appetit!