Celebrate Progress: Gratitiude List #20

Gratitude list image - seagull soaring in blue skiesIts half term week which means me and two little people, all day, every day for five days. It is lovely but equally exhausting, although we have had many more lazy days than I would usually allow us which has been nice. There has been so much going on recently that it has been nice to take it slow and not be rushing around like we usually are.

As a result, I’ve got lots of big things ticked off my to do list that have been sitting on it for weeks, sometimes months and even, dare I say it, years. I have come to realise that the to do list, much like the laundry basket never reaches empty. But it is just as satisfying to watch it almost get to the bottom, and this week has been a great week for getting stuff done. So I am feeling hugely grateful not only for the progress I have been making but also:

1.The half term and with it some decent lie ins and lazy days with the little ones.

2. Ella enjoying her first ballet lesson and wanting to go back which surprised me as parents weren’t allowed to stay and watch the lesson which I thought she would have been a little anxious about.

3. Exciting new job opportunities on the horizon.

4. Finally reaching 1,000 followers on Instagram. A small figure for most but a big milestone for me, especially as this has become my favourite social media platform in recent months.

5. Spending some time with my sister and the little ones during the week.

6. A beautiful bouquet of roses and tulips and chocolates from the Mr for valentine’s day.

7. Being brave enough to venture to a farm with the little ones on my own. It was exhausting, but much less scary than I thought it would be.

8. Some exciting new opportunities from the blog, watch this space!

9. The Mr cooking us some lovely meals during the week, a rarity, but hopefully something that we will get to enjoy more since he’s such a fab cook (don’t tell him I said that!).

Did you miss last weeks gratitude post? See what I was feeling grateful for last week, the week before and the week before that. Want to start from the beginning? Read the first week here.

What are you feeling grateful for this week? I’d love it if you shared it in the comments below.

1. February 17, 2017 / 5:50 am

I love these posts hun – you’ve inspired me this morning to do my own this week! Well done on Instagram – that’s my aim too! xx
    Fi – Beauty Baby and Me recently posted…I Miss BreastfeedingMy Profile

2. February 20, 2017 / 6:59 am

Congrats on all of it, especially the lie-ins! But mostly the Instagram milestone! Great job!
    #marvmondays

3. February 20, 2017 / 8:15 am

We’re on half term this week. I was expecting lots of lazy days. Which I in part don’t mind, as I can get some work done. But, the kids do start to drive me slightly crazy if we don’t get out. However, I sat and planned the week yesterday, and we’re actually only not going out on Saturday. So now I’m a bit “but when will I work/clean the bathroom?”

#marvmondays

4. February 20, 2017 / 8:24 am

I’ve had a rough week as I’ve been sick with the flu. It’s times like this that I wish moms could call in sick. But I am on the mend now and looking forward to a better week. #MarvMondays

5. February 20, 2017 / 10:08 am

So refreshing to read posts like that – makes us realise that we all have to step back and take it easy once in a while, and just enjoy the little everyday pleasures. We tend to overlook these in the hustle and bustle of daily life.

6. February 20, 2017 / 12:58 pm

Excellent job.
    I must try this and list things I am grateful for. I think it will be great for the mind.

Nichole Goodland recently posted…Meal Plan 20/02/17My Profile

7. February 20, 2017 / 1:40 pm

I think it’ so lovely that you do this regularly. I’ve just finished 28 days of writing down one thing that has made me happy every day, and I have to say some days were really hard! But it has made me appreciate the little things more. Love this. x #MarvMondays
    Aleena recently posted…28 Days of Happy – COMPLETE!My Profile

8. February 20, 2017 / 7:19 pm

Oh – these are all so lovely! I love half term when it’s just us. Well done for hitting 1000 on Insta. I was over the moon when I finally reached it!!! #MarvMondays

9. February 20, 2017 / 11:11 pm

Sounds like you had a super productive week – mine wasn’t as much ☺️#marvmondays
    Sarah Surrey mama recently posted…Remembering me  My Profile

10. February 21, 2017 / 12:06 am

Ooh, I’m intrigued by #8!

This is a fantastic idea, it’s so important to think about the things we’re grateful for. It’s far too easy to take life for granted. #MarvMondays
    Autumn’s Mummy recently posted…My breastfeeding journeyMy Profile

11. February 21, 2017 / 9:00 pm

Sounds like a lovely (but tiring!) week! Exciting on the job front – yay!! Good luck! Very jealous about the lovely meals being cooked! #MarvMondays x