I have been feeling so much gratitude for so many little things over the last week. Things that would probably seem insignificant to others but have brought smiles to my face and made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. These little things are actually big things because they create happiness, joy and love in my heart, and that is what makes my world go round. So what are these little things that I have been grateful for this week? Well, they’re things like:
1. Finding a lovely new bed for Ella and then having it turn up just a few days later. It was so nice not to have to wait weeks for it to arrive like you typically would for a new bed.
2. Finally having the children together in their own room. It is such a lovely thing to see them enjoy the space together. I really hope it brings them even closer and that they enjoy sharing over the next few years.
3. Finding so many lovely online children’s stores that have beautiful things for decorating the little ones room. It’s amazing how children’s design has come on in just the last three years.
4. Getting a gorgeous new MAC lipstick for nothing on the weekend. Every time I get a new lipstick I feel like I find a new favourite!
5. Picking up a bunch of white speciality tulips on the weekend. I bought some last year and have been looking forward to getting them again this year. Their pretty frilly petals are everything.
5. Unexpectedly finding a beautiful top to start my Spring wardrobe.
6. Getting my hair done after what feels like forever. I practically feel like a new woman!
7. Finally getting a dentist appointment sorted for myself and the little lady, and after worrying about it for so long it was actually all fine.
8. Seeing the little guy crawl for the first time this week which was definitely the highlight of my week. He’s been trying to crawl for at least the last two weeks, so to see him finally figure it out was just melted my heart with love.
9. Seeing Ella get her first birthday party invitation from school was the best feeling ever. I can’t tell you how grateful this made me feel. That one small invitation says so much more for me. It says that my daughter is socialising at school. It says that she has friends. It says that she is involved and it says that she is part of her class. It’s funny how we sometimes don’t realise that the little things mean so much more..
What are you feeling grateful for this week? I’d love it if you shared it in the comments below.