Dedicate Time To Making Things Happen: Gratitude List #16

Gratitude list image - seagull soaring in blue skiesIts been a quiet week on the home front. With the very cold, snowy weather that we’ve had over the last week we’ve taken the opportunity to have lots of slow, quiet lazy days which has been wonderful. I’ve even found some time for myself to read and start taking the first steps towards making my little business venture a reality. I started this list unsure of exactly what I had to put on it, but as usual there are lots of little things to be grateful for this week including:

1.A quiet lazy weekend at home with the family.

2. Finding more beautiful tulips to put in our house.

3. An unexpected snow day which meant an extra day with the Mr at home and a lovely walk in the snow.

4. Having the discipline to properly start weaning with our Annabel Karmel baby recipe book. It’s been working really well for us and has been just what I needed to get really excited about weaning again.

5. Finishing #GirlBoss, a fantastic book which I am totally obsessed with and have on my list of books you must read in 2017.

6. Getting to catch up with my sister over cake and a hot chocolate during the week.

7. Seeing my father and brother, something I need to make more of an effort to do this year.

8. Making my first purchase towards my new blog related business venture. So exciting, watch this space!

9. Visiting a friend and her new baby. You forget how small they are! It’s hard to believe that the little guy was that small too just 6 months ago.

10. Finally seeing Instagram Live rolled out to the UK. After waiting for weeks for it to come out, it was exciting to finally see it on my screen and give it a go. So much fun!

Did you miss last weeks gratitude post? See what I was feeling grateful for last week, the week before and the week before that. Want to start from the beginning? Read the first week here.

If you have anything you’re feeling grateful for this week, I’d love it if you shared them in the comments below.

1. January 23, 2017 / 7:08 am

Gorgeous collection of gratitude moments. The snow days do feel like you are given extra time in life don’t they? Oh and to find the time to read – just bliss – I must do this! Oh Instagram Live – I’ve seen lots trying it and have watched a few – think it’s going to be so popular – I must try it this week. Good luck with the blogging venture too #MarvMondays
    justsayingmum recently posted…Ten Sure Signs You Are Addicted to Social Media!My Profile

2. January 23, 2017 / 7:15 am

What a lovely gratitude list. I’ve also found you at my house too, they really brighten up the place. I also need to make more time to see my father. It’s lovely to hear you’re making progress with your business venture, can’t wait to hear more. #MarvMondays

3. January 23, 2017 / 8:17 am

Oh I love the thought of being grateful for the lazy days. I normally loathe being stuck in the house and the crappy weather but after a busy week last week we had a very lazy weekend and it was just what we all needed! I’m excited to hear more about your venture, good luck lovey. #marvmonday xx
    Tammymum recently posted…#FamilyFun…Week 18My Profile

4. January 23, 2017 / 9:48 am

Ahhh, Instagram live scares me. Don’t think I will ever be trying that one! Lots to be grateful for this week though. Lazy family days are lovely too. #MarvMondays
    Emma recently posted…Week 1 of my Moonwalk marathon trainingMy Profile

5. January 23, 2017 / 11:40 am

I am grateful for my son’s great performance in music school, for the weekend family tiime as my kids were learning to ski and our family trip to the ancient castle and spending quality time together. looking forward to this week:) #marvmondays

6. January 23, 2017 / 12:22 pm

It’s good to focus on the good things … I’m grateful I’m in the warm right now!! #MarvMondays

7. January 23, 2017 / 12:26 pm

that’s a lovely long list of positives for the week, it’s amazing how they mount up when you record them like this. It is sometimes the silly things like coffee and cake with a friend that can be special. #MarvMondays
    Coombe Mill – Fiona recently posted…Acropolis of Athens, The Uncultured Guide.My Profile

8. January 23, 2017 / 1:50 pm

I want to read #GirlBoss! It is on my book list and I am determined to read more this year. It is so good for the brain! #marvmondays
    Lucy Grace recently posted…Why I am #RockingMotherhoodMy Profile

9. January 23, 2017 / 8:31 pm

Ahhhh this is lovely. What a fab idea to write down the things we are grateful for. Sometimes the smallest things are actually the biggest things aren’t they. #marvmondays
    Sam recently posted…Two mamas, two toddlers, and a weekend away…My Profile

10. January 23, 2017 / 8:49 pm

This week I made a few big personal steps too…it’s going to be a good year for you, I just know it!
    Thanks for hosting #bigpinklink – can’t wait to find out more about this business b=venture!
    MMT recently posted…The Ernest Shackleton guide to ParentingMy Profile

11. January 23, 2017 / 9:07 pm

What a lovely list, writing these things down I always find is super useful for being thankful for things. Thanks for hosting! #marvmondays
    Helen Gandy recently posted…Elarna at Nearly 2!My Profile

12. January 23, 2017 / 10:53 pm

Hi Emily

looks like you’e had a busy week. I think i’m mostly grateful for getting over a cold i’ve recently had. I’m meant to be training for a race and the cold slowed down my training #marvmondays

13. January 24, 2017 / 10:03 am

What a great way to look back and really understand how very lucky we all are. Beautiful! #MarvelousMondays xoxo
    Lisa Pomerantz recently posted…We Showed UpMy Profile

14. January 24, 2017 / 11:26 am

Sounds like you’ve had a great week, can’t wait to hear more about your blog related business venture.

15. January 24, 2017 / 2:12 pm

I love a good gratitude list! I need to make more time for family too, sometimes weeks pass before I get around to it x

16. January 24, 2017 / 10:03 pm

I need to remind myself of all my blessings. It’s been one of those days today when I’ve felt really demoralised. Yet, in the scheme of things, its just a blip and tomorrow is another day! Thanks for sharing and I’m glad you’ve had a good week! #MarvMondays
    Jane Taylor recently posted…Revamp your space with Pantone Colour of the Year 2017: Greenery.My Profile

17. January 27, 2017 / 4:07 pm

Great post, I’m excited to see what you have planned! I’m greatful for having a little bit of me time this week. It’s been a challenging week with very few nap times so it was nice to have a little time to myself to recoup #marvmondays
    Becky Clark recently posted…Have you seen my boobs? I seem to have lost them!My Profile

18. January 28, 2017 / 7:53 pm

Oooh I love this idea, so easy to get bogged down in the day to day and not appreciate all the good things that have happened. Will have to give #girlboss a read, heard so many good things about this book! #marvmondays
    Devon Mama recently posted…The Baby Behind The Blog: #TheLittleOne TagMy Profile

19. January 29, 2017 / 10:51 am

Sounds like you have so many nice things to be thankful for. I wish you lots of luck for your new business venture – exciting! x #MarvMondays
    yvonne recently posted…The Bedtime TagMy Profile