“The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate” Oprah.
Its been a week mostly consumed with the little ones having colds and coughs which has meant plans being cancelled and lots of sleepless nights. But I guess the silver lining is that they have had them now rather than over Christmas which would have been so much worse. Back in October when I bought my first roll of wrapping paper I thought I would have been done with all of my Christmas shopping and preparations by the end of November. But lo and behold, I still have gifts to buy and presents to wrap! We are so very almost there now, but I have a feeling we wont get to rest until Christmas eve and then it’ll be all over in the blink of an eye. Oh, and I almost forgot, it was my birthday too! So lots of things I have been feeling grateful for this week including:
1. Celebrating another birthday and another year, something that I’ve come to realise this year can never be taken for granted.
2. Being gifted beautiful birthday presents from the Mr, little ones and my siblings.
3. Having a lovely birthday lunch with the Mr and little ones on the weekend.
4. An amazing full body massage for my birthday, such a treat!
5. A few Christmas parcels being delivered much earlier than their planned and expected delivery dates which was such a result.
6. A gorgeous Fortnum and Masons hamper for us to enjoy at Christmas.
7. Taking the little lady ice skating for the first time, if you can call skating on plastic sheets in a shopping centre ice skating these days! I hated it, but she loved it and for that I am grateful.
8. Squeezing in a much needed last minute hair appointment before Christmas.
9. A successful last minute Christmas shopping trip where I found more presents than I was expecting to, and both little ones being relatively well behaved for most of it.
10. Being able to enjoy a yummy fudge hot chocolate from Starbucks.
11. The Mr finally finishing work for Christmas so that we can enjoy the run up to the big day together as a family.
If you have anything you’re feeling grateful for this week, I’d love it if you shared them in the comments below.