Enjoy Time With Those Around You: Gratitude List #17

Gratitude list image - seagull soaring in blue skiesIts been a really lovely week of catching up with family and friends, and just the right balance of busyness. I remember looking on this week with a slight anticipation that we might have a little too much going on, but actually its been really nice. Each busy day has been sandwiched between a quiet day which has stopped the little ones and I from getting overwhelmed by it all. There has been so much to be grateful for this week including:

1. Having a lovely lunch at my sister in laws with the little ones. Ella enjoyed it so much she didn’t want to leave!

2. The little lady having a fab sleepover at her cousins on the weekend.

3. Enjoying a cheeky Five Guys with the Mr on the weekend.

4. Finding placemats I wanted in Ikea by complete surprise.

5. Having family close enough for our little ones to grow up together. We really are so lucky to have both our families around us.

6. Finally receiving our newborn photos of the little guy.

7. Meeting a friend for lunch at Ping Pong in town before she returns home to the states. It was lovely to pop into London and it was so nice seeing her, I definitely want to find more excuses to pop into London this year.

8. Getting a clean bill of health on my Bupa health assessment.

9. Making exciting progress with my business venture. I am completely obsessed with it at the moment and cant wait to share more with you all as soon as I’ve reached a few key milestones over the next few weeks!

10. Exciting new opportunities on the blog that have really motivated me over the last few days.

11. Having the luxury of being able to really reflect on my career and what I want to do next.

Did you miss last weeks gratitude post? See what I was feeling grateful for last week, the week before and the week before that. Want to start from the beginning? Read the first week here.

What are you feeling grateful for this week? I’d love it if you shared it in the comments below.

1. January 30, 2017 / 6:23 am

This is such a lovely exercise. What a good reminder that we have so much to be thankful for. And Five Guys is the best thing on this list thought of course! #marvmondays

2. January 30, 2017 / 7:12 am

Having family close by is great. Watching the kids with their cousins growing up together, you know they are going to be lifelong friends. Lovely list. #MarvMondays
    Jo recently posted…10 February Half Term Activities in TorbayMy Profile

3. January 30, 2017 / 7:56 am

What a perfect balance of things ti be grateful for – health, family time, friends and exciting business ventures – really looking forward to hearing more! It’s so important to focus on the good in the week. I’m loving this at the moment about taking the time to appreciate the good #MarvMondays
    justsayingmum recently posted…How Well Do Your Children Know You?My Profile

4. January 30, 2017 / 7:58 am

They really are some great things to be grateful for. I really wish my family was closer and my children could grow up knowing them better. It does sound like you’ve had a lovely week, here’s to another one xx #marvmondays
    Tammymum recently posted…Living Away From Family; How To Not Feel The DistanceMy Profile

5. January 30, 2017 / 8:23 am

Dying to know a bit more about your business. Sounds really exciting and glad your heart is really in it. I like a busy week; as long as there are some chill days too; they really work well. I have family close by too and I love it! Thanks for hosting x
    Sarah Howe @runjumpscrap recently posted…McDonalds….how do you do it?My Profile

6. January 30, 2017 / 8:25 am

Good idea to do a post reflecting on the good things in life. I like it. Me and my wife like spending time with family and friends but felt we over did it over Xmas. It was overwhelming but sounds like you have struck the right balance this past week #MarvMondays

7. January 30, 2017 / 9:18 am

It sounds like you had a great week! What a lovely thing to do! #marvmondays

8. January 30, 2017 / 10:01 am

Ahh, lots of positives. Although I need to know what 5 guys is? #MarvMondays

9. January 30, 2017 / 12:07 pm

I love a busy and quiet day sandwich. They really work well don’t they. On my gratitude list today is the fact that it’s still January – it’s almost like we are being treated to extra days! And also the fact that I had the good sense to purchase a warm faux fur coat for this time of year#marvmondays
    Nicky Kentisbeer recently posted…Give Frizz the Schnizz with The Aquis Hair TowelMy Profile

10. January 30, 2017 / 12:19 pm

Oh this is such a lovely post and so wonderful to look back on what has been happening so you can fully appreciate the lovely times! #marvmondays
    Cherry – The Newby Tribe recently posted…Living Arrows #5My Profile

11. January 30, 2017 / 1:20 pm

A wonderful list of things and many more great things to come from the sound of it too! πŸ™‚ We’ve got our gratitude jar at home but haven’t been adding anything to it recently, you’ve inspired me to start going again from today. #MarvMondays

12. January 30, 2017 / 8:15 pm

I really love this idea,! Sometimes I try and do this before I go to sleep. We should all get in the habit of it more often #MarvMondays
    Rice Cakes and Raisins recently posted…I wish I was Evening MumMy Profile

13. January 30, 2017 / 8:51 pm

What a lovely list – lots to be grateful for! I wish our families lived closer. Mine live 6 hours away and my husband’s family is in France (and we have both lost our parents) so our kids don’t get to see much family at all. This is the one thing I’d love to change in our life if I had a magic wand. Enjoy every moment! #MarvMondays

14. January 30, 2017 / 9:46 pm

I am loving your dedication to gratitude. Perspective is such a powerful thing, and practicing gratefulness directs our attention towards positivity… much needed during these grey months. First time on the linky (any linky in fact!) so thank you for hosting! Pearl x

15. January 30, 2017 / 10:53 pm

Love the mix of frivolous, life-changing and genuine appreciation for your family. You are very blessed to have a strong support network around you

16. January 31, 2017 / 12:50 am

I’m very jealous that you got to visit Ikea and Five Guys all in one week! That’s my life goal right there! Congratulations on the clean bill of health. #MarvMondays

17. January 31, 2017 / 6:36 am

What a lovely week. I love seeing my children playing with their cousins, unfortunately they all live a long distance away so it doesn’t happen very often. We do you live close by to both sets of grandparents though and I’m grateful for that every day.
    Alana – Burnished Chaos recently posted…Words To Live By #14: Listen To Your BodyMy Profile

18. January 31, 2017 / 10:33 pm

Stop teasing me with tantalizing hints about your business venture! I need to know! lol! #Marvmondays

19. February 1, 2017 / 9:19 am

It is really important to feel grateful for the small things in life as well as those big life-changing moments. I am feeling particularly grateful that my oldest friend my Uni is flying in from the States for my 50th,..that’s the big one. The small one is my daughter remembering to how to factorize quadratics in her maths test! #MarvMondays
    Jo – MotherofTeenagers recently posted…It Must Be My Hormones – The HRT DebateMy Profile

20. February 1, 2017 / 5:27 pm

It’s great that you get on so well with your family and that they live close by. #MarvMondays

21. February 4, 2017 / 5:48 pm

It sounds like you’ve had some really good moments to appreciate and enjoy! here is to another good week xx #marvmondays

22. February 5, 2017 / 9:06 am

Lovely list πŸ™‚ I can barely remember what happened yesterday so maybe I should have a go at one of these aha. Looking forward to finding out about your new venture πŸ™‚ #MarvMondays
    Amie recently posted…My Sunday Photo – Troll Style!My Profile