After a few busy weeks it feels like things have finally started to slow down, allowing us to catch our breath just before it starts to get really busy again in the run up to Christmas. It feels like a lot of the things on the list this week are a lot simpler, which in some ways is nicer. So here are all the things that I have been feeling gratitude for this week:
1. Celebrating my third blog birthday over the weekend. It’s a fantastic milestone to celebrate and one that I’m really proud of. So proud about it that I wrote a bit of a birthday post sharing 7 lessons I’ve learnt over the last three years.
2. Finding a last minute slot to see Father Christmas at the Royal Albert Hall next month which looks absolutely magical. It was the only place that I really wanted to take the little ones to see Father Christmas this year and it wasnt looking like it was going to happen because of the awkward dates and time slots available, but as luck would have it, the perfect day and time opened up for us this week!
3. Having a super clean house. The new cleaner did a fantastic job on her first visit and had me dancing around the house the next day singing “last night a cleaner changed my life..”.
4.My first mince pie of the season. I’m not a huge fan of them, but I like the occasional one because nothing quite says Christmas like a mince pie.
5. Finding my favourite black suede boots just in time for winter. I bought them last winter when I was around 4 months pregnant and didn’t get to wear them for very long so I’m really looking forward to getting to wear them all this winter!
6. Finally getting to set up my new iPhone 7+ which had been sitting in its box completely untouched for at least a week.
7. Having a weekend with no plans for once. It felt like we hadn’t had one for a very long time so it was nice to take it slow and catch up with ourselves.
8. A really simple, but magical moment on the weekend dancing around in our kitchen to 80’s music with the Mr and little ones.
So what are you feeling grateful for this week? Why not sit down, reflect and write a gratitude list of your own. You might surprise yourself..
Did you miss last weeks gratitude post? See what I was feeling grateful for last week, the week before and the week before that. Want to start from the beginning? Read the first week, the second week, the third week and the forth week.