12 Stylish Children’s Shared Bedroom Ideas

Grey & White Sibling Bedroom Inspo CollageSpring not only brings brighter days and sunshine, but the start of many new home projects. Its been almost two years since we bought and moved into our first home, and as any new home owner will know, there’s always lots to do. We hit the pause button last year after completing major renovations works the year we moved in, so its exciting to be able to hit the start button again and begin some new home projects.

Our main aim is to really start putting our stamp on our home so I’ll share more about the different projects over the next few weeks and months. But for now I wanted to share our first and one of the ones I am most excited about which is the children’s bedroom.

At the moment Ella has her own bedroom and the little guy is in a little bedside crib in our room. He is most definitely about to outgrow this so the time is ripe to move him into a full sized cot. Rather than put him in our third bedroom which is currently our home office, we decided it would be nice for the little ones to share a bedroom whilst they are both really young until we either move again, or extend. There is something quite nice about sharing a bedroom when you’re young. I shared a bedroom with my little sister when we were young and I still remember the comfort, camaraderie and the closeness that it brought us so I can’t wait for our little ones to experience this too.

At the moment Ella’s room is a beautiful pastel mint colour which we painted when we first moved in and I still love, so we’ll build their room around that. However to get some inspiration I have been gathering lots of ideas over on my pinterest boards and wanted to share some of my favourites here. There are three main colour schemes that I am absolutely loving and think would work well for a stylish children’s shared bedroom, I’ve named them; Scandi Chic, Playful Pastels and Mini Monochrome. Now the hard work is deciding which one to go with as they are all so lovely. I’d love to hear which one is your favourite!

Scandi Chic

stylish childrens shared bedroom ideas - Grey & White bedrooms collage

Photo Credit: Top Left | Top Right | Bottom Left | Bottom Left

Playful Pastels

stylish childrens shared bedroom ideas - pastel Childrens Room collage

Photo Credit: Top Left | Top Right | Bottom Left | Bottom Right

Mini Monochrome

sytlish childrens shared bedrooms - monochrome bedrooms collage

Photo Credit: Top Left | Top Right | Bottom Left | Bottom Right

3 Little Buttons

1. February 5, 2017 / 5:35 pm

Love the pastels Em- really cute and works well for both the little ones. Can’t wait to see their room when you’ve done it! xx

2. February 6, 2017 / 8:04 am

These are lovely. I’m adore the pastel rooms, just perfect. I do love a good inspiration post! #MarvMondays

3. February 6, 2017 / 8:15 am

I love how fresh and clean the grey and white looks. I would imagine them to look boring but in your photos they are very stylish and fresh. #MarvMondaysl
    Coombe Mill – Fiona recently posted…Trash 2 Treasure February 17My Profile

4. February 6, 2017 / 8:51 am

Lovely inspirational post!! I love them all!! pastels are my fave however my house is turning into 50 shades of grey!! I have it in every room at the moment!!

#marvmondays
    kerry recently posted…Why am i been a pushy mum!?My Profile

5. February 6, 2017 / 9:52 am

These are lovely! I love a rail instead of a wardrobe but I’m just not tidy enough! #marvmondays

6. February 6, 2017 / 12:23 pm

Those are glorious! The problem is they won’t look like that for very long once the Tubblet gets into them! She is a mess fairy!
    Tubbs recently posted…A Coffee for Galentine’s DayMy Profile

7. February 6, 2017 / 6:32 pm

Ohh I love them all but my fave is the playful pastel theme. Can’t wait to see the finished result xx #marvmondays
    Wendy recently posted…Creating your dream baby nurseryMy Profile

8. February 6, 2017 / 8:40 pm

#marvmonday love theses but why has the world gone grey made? I love its fresh look but it’s like the 90s chocolate palette all over again.
    Fridge says recently posted…We are all broken My Profile

9. February 7, 2017 / 10:07 pm

Some of those rooms are sooooo cute! I love all the styles. My daughter’s room is more pastel coloured though. It’s not that big so I ended up keeping the walls white and just adding coloured stickers of flowers, animals and butterflies. I’m so happy with it!

Have fun re-styling! Can’t wait to see some pics xx #MarvMondays
    Angela Watling recently posted…When Little H arrived.My Profile

10. February 7, 2017 / 10:21 pm

These are gorgeous. I especially like the pastels. I want to decorate now! #marvmondays
    Sam recently posted…Thank you JanuaryMy Profile

11. February 8, 2017 / 9:54 am

Emily, the more I visit, the more I love your blog. This is such a wonderfully pleasing post. I love the styles and photos you’ve chosen. Your blog looks lovelier as time goes on and I really like the fact there’s always bags of your own personality in the posts, no matter the topic.

Just saying!! (That’s Helen from Just Saying Mum’s line but I’m just making sure you know)….

Scandi is my fave #MarvMondays

12. February 9, 2017 / 6:55 am

These are all gorgeous! I love the pastels. We need to decorate our little girl’s room again soon to make it more ‘little girl’ and less ‘baby’, so this is great inspiration! #marvmondays

13. February 9, 2017 / 1:19 pm

I love these. Hey are all beautiful rooms. I have my sights set on my little girls room this year now she is getting bigger, I can’t wait to get started and start looking for some lovely stylish additions to the room! #marvmondays
    Tammymum recently posted…#Familyfun…week 21My Profile

14. February 10, 2017 / 6:35 pm

Aw, those are all lovely but I do like lots of colour in a kids’ room so I think I’d go for the pastels. Our boys share but they make such a mess, I haven’t bothered decorating. They’re getting a bit older now, though, and it looks like we’ll be in this house at least another year so it may be time! Thanks for the inspiration.

Lady Nym recently posted…The Light Fantastic of AutismMy Profile

15. February 11, 2017 / 10:29 am

I think I love every single bedroom idea in this post! We’ve mostly been working on downstairs since we moved in so I cannot wait to get upstairs and decorating! #marvmondays
    Liane recently posted…February Goals.My Profile

16. February 11, 2017 / 10:12 pm

I love the scandi and pastels! I reckon a combo of grey and pastel would look really cool 🙂 #MarvMondays
    Amie recently posted…The Switch Has Been Flicked..My Profile

17. March 14, 2017 / 2:43 pm

What great ideas. I love finding new ways to decorate. I only have one right now and she is 9 years old but I will be having another within the next couple years. Saving for later! #dreamteam

• March 14, 2017 / 9:26 pm

Wow, what a big girl! I imagine their tastes really start to change at that age. Glad you still enjoyed the post though and may be able to use it for future inspo 🙂

18. April 17, 2017 / 2:33 pm

Awww ! such sweet ideas to decorate children bedroom. Playful pastels is the best of all. Thank for sharing such great post.