Baby’s First Christmas Gift Guide

Babys first christmas gift guide picturesTrying to think what to get for a baby’s first christmas is much harder than I remember it to be. I think because the first time around with our eldest we were so excited about that first Christmas as a little family of three that we just bought anything and everything. Second time around we are of course just as excited to experience that first Christmas all over again, but we know from experience that we are better off buying gifts that he can actually use now and in the next few months rather than toys and gifts that he wont be able to use until he is older and much more mobile.

So I’ve thought long and hard about what gifts we can get now that he will be able to use and enjoy, and here are eight toys that I think that are perfect for baby’s first Christmas from some of my favourite baby brands:

1.Janod Duck Family Stacker £19.95

Stacking toys are great for babies in the first 12 – 18 months, perhaps even longer. For me, stacking toys are one of those toys that you really get value for money from as little ones seem to get more and more out of them as they grow. Smaller babies are most likely just going to be interested in grabbing and mouthing the different pieces, and then as they get older they start to enjoy actually stacking the toys and may start to notice the different numbers, colours or shapes. There are lots of stacking toys out there, but I particularly love this Janod one which I think will also look great in little ones rooms.

2. Skip Hop Bandana Buddies Multi Activity Toy £16

I have had a love affair with Skip Hop since the little lady was a baby. I just can’t get enough of their cute animals and I was so excited to see that they have recently extended their range to include soft activity toys like this fox bandana buddy. I think all little ones need a little activity toy and this one is cute as well as fun.

3. Skip Hop Camping Cubs Tipi Activity Mat £75.00

A fun and colourful activity mat should definitely be on all parents list as an essential. We have the alphabet Skip Hop activity mat that the little guy has inherited from his big sister, but I am totally in love with their new Tipi version. I think it is the coolest looking activity mat I have ever seen and wish I had an excuse to buy a new one so that I could get this one!

4. Fisher Price Roaring Rainforest Jumperoo £81

We resisted the urge to buy a jumperoo when we had the little lady because we were in a much smaller place back then and had very limited space. Now we don’t really have that excuse any more and I think that the little guy would really benefit from having one. He already seems quite active and in need of entertaining so a jumperoo is definitely on his list for this Christmas and I’ve heard great things about this Fisher Price one.

5. Janod Crazy Doggy Cart £60.00

A baby walker is probably one for the slightly older baby, I’d say from around 8+ months, but again I think its something that all babies need eventually. The little lady had a pink plastic V Tech one that played music, flashed and did all sorts of things which we’d definitely consider getting again, but I do love the look of this cute wooden Janod doggy one. Especially as you can put bricks or other little toys in it that they can then have fun pushing around.

6. Little Tikes Giggle Surprise Blocks £19.99

We we lucky to be sent a pack of these Little Tikes Giggle Surprise Blocks a few ago and the little guy absolutely loves them. They are really quite simple as a toy, but so bright and fun. We have them out ALL of the time. I love them and would absolutely recommend as a first Christmas gift for any baby.

7. Little Tikes Tummy Time Giraffe £17.99

Now that the little guy is finally enjoying tummy time I would love to get him this tummy time giraffe. We never really tried any specific tummy time toys with the little lady, but I think the little guy would quite enjoy and benefit from one and this one looks fab. I love that it’s not hugely expensive either so I definitely think this will be finding its way into his Christmas sack this year.

8. Little Tikes Catch Me Crabbie £14.99

I’m expecting the little guy to start becoming a lot more mobile over the next couple of months and think the Catch Me Crabbie is a perfect toy to encourage him to move about. I am loving the Little Tikes Ocean Explorer range at the moment and this is one of my favourites from the range.

So there you have eight toys that I think will make great gifts for baby’s first Christmas. Lots of these are on our little ones list or are things that we already have and would recommend.

Still need inspiration for your older ones? Dont forget to check out my children’s christmas gift guide!

Looking for something for yourself? Check out my blogger christmas gift guide. Go on, you know you want to!

1. December 1, 2016 / 10:41 pm

Ben’s great grandparents have got him a jumperoo which we tried out in toys r us and he was obsessed so we know he will LOVE it when Christmas Day comes!
    I’ve been tempted to pick up mr crabbie also #brillblogposts

2. December 5, 2016 / 7:40 am

Babies are so hard to shop for! The Girl has just turned one, and really not that interested in baby toys anymore, but a bit young for much else! Where as The Boy at nearly six has a list as long as his arm! #marvmondays

3. December 5, 2016 / 10:03 am

I always struggle with what to buy for my friends little ones. So these are really cute ideas! Jamperoo wins for me!:)Thank for sharing. #MarvMondays

4. December 5, 2016 / 10:12 am

I love the little stacking ducks..so cute. I am tempted to get a jumperoo but my boy will only be 2months at Christmas so won’t be able to use it for a while xx #marvmondays
    Wendy recently posted…Baby update – Alex is 1 monthMy Profile

5. December 5, 2016 / 10:39 am

Fab ideas! Although mine are no longer babies, we do have a few babies to buy for this year so it’s always useful to get some ideas! Thank you! #Marvmondays
    five little doves recently posted…A bump in the roadMy Profile

6. December 5, 2016 / 1:37 pm

I’m so glad I read this post today, I’m heading out to get my girls presents and I have no idea where to start! My youngest would definitely love the fox.

The Tale of Mummyhood recently posted…#Blogstravaganza – #1My Profile

7. December 5, 2016 / 3:51 pm

I’m finding it hard this year as not really bought the youngest anything as she will inherit all of her sister’s stuff!! I do like that crab when they getting on the move though! That in itself is a scary thought!! Thanks for hosting xx
    Sarah Howe @runjumpscrap recently posted…Operation Six Pack – UpdateMy Profile

8. December 5, 2016 / 4:19 pm

Such a lovely collection, now I just need little ones to buy them for #MarvMondays

9. December 5, 2016 / 5:37 pm

DOH! Wish I’d read this a few days ago before I bought some gifts. We’re the same – second time round we haven’t gone too mad, but still nice to get good developmental toys. Love the Crazy Doggy Cart! #MarvMondays

10. December 5, 2016 / 9:10 pm

I find babies really hard to shop for too. I’ve only had to buy for one this year, and I went for a touchy-feely Nativity book and some other goodies. This is a great list, wish I’d seen it before! #MarvMondays
    Stacie recently posted…Our Christmas Book Advent {2016}My Profile

• December 8, 2016 / 10:04 pm

I know, isnt it just! Wish we could get it for the littlest one!!

11. December 6, 2016 / 8:53 pm

With two under two I too am struggling with what to get the second born. Thank you for the inspiration. #marvmondays

• December 8, 2016 / 10:03 pm

Its really hard second time round to find something that they havent already been passed down from the eldest, or something that you know theyll actually use. Glad its not just me that was struggling with this!

12. December 7, 2016 / 12:19 am

Great list. I think the other reason our babies are hard to buy for is because we still have most things from our first that and the fact I fell our house is drowning under piles of toys! #marvmondays
    Claire recently posted…Days out – Grizedale forest My Profile

• December 8, 2016 / 9:59 pm

I completely agree! The automatically inherit all their toys so it doesnt feel like they need that much more. I feel like our house is drowning in toys too – need more clever storage to hide it all away!