After the last few weeks of life zooming by at a million miles an hour, it feels like it has finally started to slow down. Things dont feel as hectic and chaotic as they have these last few weeks, although I guess thats what half term will do to you. Ending our two week half term break with a weekend away in Cornwall was the perfect way to disconnect from the every day, reconnect with each other and enjoy some real slow living. A perfect opportunity for me to reflect on all the things I feel gratitude for this week:
1. Spending a lovely weekend in Cornwall and ticking another item off our Autumn bucket list.
2. Taking the little lady to watch her first firework display in Cornwall.
3. Finding my christmas wrapping paper so early into the festive season. Usually it takes me weeks to find wrapping paper that I love so I was really pleased to find some so quickly.
4. The little guy sleeping through the night for the first time. It was a bit of a one off and hasn’t happened again since, but it was a great moment and at least now I know that he is capable of sleeping through.
5. Finding some lovely new Christmas books for the little ones and ticking an item off our Christmas bucket list.
6. Having a lovely new jacket, perfect for the cold weather than is drawing in.
7. Hitting a new subscriber milestone on my You Tube channel.
8 Being invited to be part of a Twitter group chat with a group of lovely, like minded ladies.
9. Watching a lovely show at the Polka theatre with the little ones and my sister.
10. Being invited to a Christmas show by one of the other school mums for our first ever school play date which feels like a bit of a breakthrough.
11. The start of the new school term. As much as I love spending time with both of my babies, it is incredibly exhausting so it has been quite nice to get back into the school routine and have a little bit more time on my hands.
So what are you feeling grateful for this week? Why not sit down, reflect and write a gratitude list of your own. You might surprise yourself..