What You Think About You Bring About: Gratitude List #10

Gratitude list image - seagull soaring in blue skies

I always knew when I started practicing gratitude amazing things would happen, and true to form they are. Exciting things that I have wished, hoped and dreamed for are actually manifesting and happening right before my eyes. 10 weeks of being intentional about being grateful is starting to take effect with powerful results.

10 weeks of taking the time each and every week no matter how tired or exhausted I am, no matter how rubbish a day I’ve had (and there have been a fair few) to stop and think about what it is I am grateful for even when I think there is nothing. These last 10 weeks have taught me that there always is. There have been weeks when I have sat, feeling like I’m scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to think of things, but each week I surprise myself and end up with a list with at least 10 things (or thereabouts) on it. So what am I grateful for this week?

1. Having the courage to take part in vlogmas this year. I am having so much fun filming Christmas inspired videos on my You Tube channel!

2. Getting our Christmas tree and decorating the house on the weekend. It’s definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

3. Getting to see the reindeer at our local garden centre with the little ones.

4. Having a fun afternoon with my siblings and little ones at my parents.

5. Getting the opportunity to meet the lovely Fran from Back With A Bump and have a lovely lunch with her in town.

6. Randomly bumping into Mary-Kate from Mummy Memories whilst I was in London who I’ve been chatting to for the last few weeks on twitter. It was unexpected and lovely!

7. Seeing a Christmas float pass by our house and watching Ella’s face light up as Father Christmas called out her name and wished her a happy Christmas.

8. Having a major work related decision made for me and an exciting new development unfold. I can feel the start of a new chapter ahead of me!

9. Exciting new collaboration opportunities on the blog.

So what are you feeling grateful for this week? Why not sit down, reflect and write a gratitude list of your own. You might surprise yourself..

Did you miss last weeks gratitude post? See what I was feeling grateful for last week, the week before and the week before that. Want to start from the beginning? Read the first week here.

1. December 8, 2016 / 11:58 am

I definitely believe in the idea of positive thought. It’s something I want to pass onto my kids and hubby who comes from a bit of a pessimistic family.

Glad you got to have so many great experiences this holiday season and I hope you finish up this year in the same manner!
    Patty recently posted…What’s Up? Wednesday – Volume 006My Profile

• December 8, 2016 / 9:56 pm

Thank you, me too! Start small with your children and other half, maybe just dinner table conversations about whats been good about your respective days/weeks and go from there. You might all be surprised at how great this makes you all feel 🙂 Emily

2. December 8, 2016 / 10:50 pm

It’s a nice thing to do at the end of the day. I like to clean my teeth to the thoughts of the great things that happened during the day.

Today someone asked me to do a custom canvas with a poem. It was an “in loving memory” one. I felt so grateful that they asked me to do this for them. Its a hard time of year and I’m glad they asked me to help.

3. December 12, 2016 / 6:27 am

Noticing what we have is so important. I always find it relaxes me and refocuses my mind. Children are great at helping with that because they give ample opportunities to think about the here and now. I am endlessly grateful for my family. #marvmonday
    Kirsten Toyne recently posted…What makes a good mother?My Profile

4. December 12, 2016 / 12:13 pm

My gratitude list for this week is: decorating the house, crafting with my daughter, night-out with my hubby, setting new goals for my blog in 2017.:) x #MarvMondays

5. December 12, 2016 / 2:54 pm

This is so important. I’m really in to this at the moment – taking time to be grateful. I just feel so grateful for my house as a space I really want to be. With all the Christmas decorations up, candles lit, fire on – fabulous! Alison x #MarvMondays
    Alison (MadHouseMum) recently posted…Thoughts laid bareMy Profile

6. December 12, 2016 / 5:10 pm

I really REALLY love this feature you do, I’m always inspired by it. Incase I don’t link up again until NY… MERRY, VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your Beautiful Family! #MarvMondays

7. December 12, 2016 / 6:02 pm

Aww what a lovely list and to have met some fellow bloggers too! I’ve met lots this weekend as have started a vlogging series with Absolutely Prabulous – chats with fellow bloggers are just the best!! Hope you have another gorgeous week – I really like this series you’re doing – has made me reflect too x #MarvMondays

8. December 12, 2016 / 8:52 pm

I would love to do a regular gratitude list – as you say a positive outlook can bring about positive changes! Maybe it could be a new regular item for 2017 – I am so guilty of being all doom and gloom at times. I’m sure my hubby would agree lol!
    MMT recently posted…School RunningsMy Profile

9. December 12, 2016 / 8:52 pm

Sounds like a great week. I love taking time to really focus on the good that has happened during the week, it can be all to easy to lose sight of it and focus only on the stresses.
    Alana – Burnished Chaos recently posted…Words To Live By #9: Family Comes FirstMy Profile

10. December 12, 2016 / 9:15 pm

Can’t say I’ve done this for a long time – not consciously anyway. Must try it – I have SO much to be thankful for. Actually, I’m thinking of a post about how to teach our children to appreciate how lucky they are… could start it there. Thanks for the inspiration! #MarvMondays
    Kimberly – Media Mummy recently posted…Boring, amazing things that make your life easier.My Profile

11. December 12, 2016 / 10:23 pm

I love reading these gratitude lists. I felt so much better in November when I wrote just one thing I was thankful for each day. I find that focusing on what I am grateful for makes all the stress, worry, and disappointments seem less important.
    Mother of 3 recently posted…A-Z Stocking Stuffers for the Homeschooling FamilyMy Profile

12. December 12, 2016 / 10:33 pm

Focusing on what you have got and/or achieved is such a good way to go about things, rather than thinking about what hasn’t gone the way you’d have liked. I love the snow on your blog too! #marvmondays
    Rhian Harris recently posted…Blogging to a new directionMy Profile

13. December 13, 2016 / 12:33 pm

I love these gratitude lists and I plan on doing them in the new year to remind me of all of the wonderful things there are to be grateful for. It’s so important to focus on the positives, this made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! #MarvMondays
    five little doves recently posted…Arts and crafts with toucanBoxMy Profile

14. December 13, 2016 / 9:26 pm

What a lovely list. I’ve yet to meet any fellow bloggers but it would be great to. #MarvMondays
    Helena recently posted…Mark Making With ChalkOlaMy Profile

15. December 14, 2016 / 7:04 am

This is such a lovely idea! There are so many things we do a lot of that we need to be grateful about. I think I might have to start doing something similar to this. #MarvMondays
    Kat recently posted…My Dream Home Would Have…My Profile

16. December 14, 2016 / 7:38 am

Gratitude is the way to happiness, I firmly believe that. Have you read Oprah Winfrey’s book “Things I Know For Sure”? It’s a lovely little collection of stories from her life with gratitude at the heart and it’s a gorgeous read. I think you’d love it. Tor xx #MarvMondays

17. December 14, 2016 / 10:21 am

Taking time to acknowledge these seemingly small things has such huge effect doesn’t it! And, like you say, it’s not until you stop and think that you really appreciate them or even notice them. These little moments are what make us so it’s so important to find them and appreciate them! You’ve had some lovely moments all festive and fuzzy!
    #marvmondays
    The Aloha Mummy recently posted…Twas the night before Christmas…Twin Styleee.My Profile

18. December 21, 2016 / 7:35 am

Firstly my apologies my comment is shamefully late. I think I bit off more than I could chew last week. Ur I didn’t want to not comment. I love the ghetto tide lit and the idea behind it. I might start doing this. I also look forward to hearing about your work decision when you are ready to share. Have a lovely Christmas my dear #marvmondays xx
    Tammymum recently posted…Changing The Way For DadsMy Profile