I always knew when I started practicing gratitude amazing things would happen, and true to form they are. Exciting things that I have wished, hoped and dreamed for are actually manifesting and happening right before my eyes. 10 weeks of being intentional about being grateful is starting to take effect with powerful results.
10 weeks of taking the time each and every week no matter how tired or exhausted I am, no matter how rubbish a day I’ve had (and there have been a fair few) to stop and think about what it is I am grateful for even when I think there is nothing. These last 10 weeks have taught me that there always is. There have been weeks when I have sat, feeling like I’m scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to think of things, but each week I surprise myself and end up with a list with at least 10 things (or thereabouts) on it. So what am I grateful for this week?
1. Having the courage to take part in vlogmas this year. I am having so much fun filming Christmas inspired videos on my You Tube channel!
2. Getting our Christmas tree and decorating the house on the weekend. It’s definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
3. Getting to see the reindeer at our local garden centre with the little ones.
4. Having a fun afternoon with my siblings and little ones at my parents.
5. Getting the opportunity to meet the lovely Fran from Back With A Bump and have a lovely lunch with her in town.
6. Randomly bumping into Mary-Kate from Mummy Memories whilst I was in London who I’ve been chatting to for the last few weeks on twitter. It was unexpected and lovely!
7. Seeing a Christmas float pass by our house and watching Ella’s face light up as Father Christmas called out her name and wished her a happy Christmas.
8. Having a major work related decision made for me and an exciting new development unfold. I can feel the start of a new chapter ahead of me!
9. Exciting new collaboration opportunities on the blog.
So what are you feeling grateful for this week? Why not sit down, reflect and write a gratitude list of your own. You might surprise yourself..