Thursdays Are For Gratitude: Gratitiude List #3

Seagull in sky image

Its been a bit of a bluergh week. Not for any particular reason, it’s just been pretty uneventful so I have flitted between feeling really motivated and not wanting to do anything at all. But actually when I sit down and think about it, I’ve actually been fairly productive. I’ve got lots of big things done in the last week that have been on my to do list and hanging over me for what feels like forever. It feels seriously great to be able to tick off so many things, but at the same time I am motivated by pressure so not having it makes me feel somewhat demotivated. Crazy right! Saying that, these little windows of time don’t usually last very long so I should really try to enjoy the luxury of not having to run around like I usually am!

So now that Thursdays have clearly become my day for practising gratitude, here’s what have I been feeling grateful for this week:

1.Finding my beloved tan wedges in the loft when I had been convinced that the Mr had accidentally thrown them out in the summer.

2. Finding a treasure trove of the little lady’s baby toys in the loft that we had forgotten about that the little guy is making good use of.

3. Finding the little lady’s baby sleeping bags after I thought I had sold them in a NCT sale long ago.

4. Half term on the horizon

5. Booking a weekend away to Cornwall with our friends and their son

6. Being invited to an exciting blogging event

7. Getting to Baby Sensory early for once

8. Exciting new brand collaboration opportunities on the blog

9. Finding Christmas gift bargains for the little lady in the Sainsbury’s toy sale

10. Finding a great home insurance deal on the day it was about to end and some cash back to boot

So just like last week and the week before theres lots to be grateful for when I actually sit down and think about it. What are you feeling grateful for this week? Why not sit down and reflect, you might surprise yourself..

My Petit Canard

1. October 24, 2016 / 5:37 am

Sounds like a week of discoveries! I love finding old things that can be re used! Shoes a bonus! I’m finding I only ever get things done on Nursery days for the gremlin. Blogging has gone out the window in the eves when we have a newborn staying up! Exciting news for your blog too! Thanks for hosting xx
    Sarah howe recently posted…Operation Six PackMy Profile

2. October 24, 2016 / 7:00 am

I love this concept of mindfulness – it’s hard to put into practice all the time but the concept of thankful thursday is just great! Love that you found all the positives! Oh and I’m so with you about working better under pressure – I’m terrible when life is slow – I become slow too – yuk! Enjoy half term xx #MarvMondays

3. October 24, 2016 / 7:49 am

I think I have said this before, but I will say it again. I absolutely LOVE your idea of writing a gratitude list. I have spent ages trying to track down a specific notebook for writing mine in, but really, I should have just been blogging it. Congratulations on your new blogging ventures! And finding Christmas goodies… now that is definitely worth shouting about. #MarMondays xx
    Annette, 3 Little Buttons recently posted…Pumpkin Ha-Ha FacesMy Profile

4. October 24, 2016 / 9:41 am

I love it when you find hidden treasure in the loft. The tots go through so many toys and clothes that I often forget bits and pieces that I’ve squirrelled away over the years. It’s such a nice surprise to drop on some toys that you had forgotten but you know will go down a treat. I think it’s such a nice idea to stop and consider the good things that have happened each week. #MarvMondays xx
    Rhyming with Wine recently posted…How Do I Answer the Hardest Question of All?My Profile

5. October 24, 2016 / 10:26 am

This is so nice. I definitely need a gentle reminder. from time to time, to take stock of what we have and be grateful for the little things. Important to stop and smell the roses. #MarvMondays
    ShinnersandtheBrood recently posted…Idiot’s Guide to Icing a Fairy Door CakeMy Profile

6. October 24, 2016 / 11:13 am

Love that you found your shoes! It’s great when a trip into the loft brings down a whole host of new discoveries – I recently updated my wardrobe with clothes that didn’t even fit me pre-pregnancy that I thought I’d never wear again! Sometimes just sitting down to write something like this makes you realise that you’ve actually achieved a lot more than you thought you had #marvmondays
    Something About Baby recently posted…Times to Treasure – Week 10: A Pumpkin Patch ReviewMy Profile

7. October 24, 2016 / 12:38 pm

Love the idea of this post. I do a similar monthly ‘H is for Happy’ series, which I use to reflect on the past month and all of things (big or small) that have made me happy or that I’m grateful for. It definitely makes you realise how fortunate you are #MarvMondays

8. October 24, 2016 / 2:16 pm

Lots of things to be grateful for indeed. I love this post! I keep a gratitude journal every night, but love the idea of doing a weekly summary. The holiday is something nice to look forward to. But I think the biggest win there is getting to Baby Sensory early! I used to dash in at the last minute every week… #MarvMondays
    Angela Watling recently posted…I really love being a mummyMy Profile

9. October 24, 2016 / 2:38 pm

Love this idea! So many times we become overwhelmed with the daunting tasks of the week or the stresses of life but we most likely ALWAYS have things to be thankful for. Thank you for your kind reminder and thank you for hosting #MarvMondays
    Jessica recently posted…Can I really reach my goal?My Profile

10. October 24, 2016 / 3:24 pm

what a lovely idea! it’s so easy to get pulled into the things that don’t work out, so brilliant to take time to focus on the positives. For me, my daughter turned TWO! it feels like we’ve turned a corner. I’ll openly admit I found the 9-22 month age really tough. Of course I was pregnant, and then had two under two to deal with. But two is a magical age. She’s able to talk, she makes jokes with us, she can fend for herself at a softplay while I feed my son (MAJOR accomplishment!) Basically I’m celebrating the fact that I’m no longer part of the two under two gang. Hip Hip hooray. #marvmondays
    topfivemum recently posted…Five things I’ve learnt about raising bilingual childrenMy Profile

11. October 24, 2016 / 6:24 pm

You are right, it is so important to reflect. It sounds as if you have so many positives going on. Sometimes they somehow get lost in the humdrum of life, don’t they? Thank you for reminding us to reflect. Alison x #MarvMondays
    Alison (MadHouseMum) recently posted…Move OnMy Profile

12. October 24, 2016 / 6:58 pm

Oh I do love a gratitude post! #marvmondays it’s made me happy and the tanned shoes aren’t even mine

13. October 24, 2016 / 7:51 pm

Sounds like a great week. It’s amazing how much you discover when you start sorting through things in the loft, we were the same and found loads of toys and sleeping bags we thought had gone to charity. Enjoy having a clearer list, I’m sure it won’t last long x
    Alana – Burnished Chaos recently posted…Words To Live By #4: Be CuriousMy Profile

14. October 24, 2016 / 10:15 pm

I should start doing this. It’s so easy to feel down and out about things when they can get on top of you, but to turn it around and be thankful for things is great for your mindset. I will try to do this more often! #marvmondays
    Jaki recently posted…Fun Ways To Promote Your BlogMy Profile

15. October 24, 2016 / 10:20 pm

I love reflecting on the positives and when other people reflect on their positives too. We need more positivity in this world! #MarvMondays
    Amie recently posted…My Weekly AimsMy Profile

16. October 25, 2016 / 8:32 am

Sometimes it is good to remember the things we are lucky to have, rather than to think about the ones that make us a bit sad. I hope it helped to cheer your week up! #marvmondays

17. October 25, 2016 / 8:19 pm

It’s so good to do this. I want to give this a try, just to remind myself when I am feeling down things aren’t so bad. It’s sounds like you have a glorious list of gratitude! Happy Thursday!

• October 26, 2016 / 10:01 pm

Oh its so great! For something that only takes a couple of minutes a day or week, the return is fantastic. It felt a little boastful at first, but actually this is really just about verbalising everything that makes you feel happy which when you read it back as a complete list makes you feel unbelievably grateful. You should definitely give it a go, its win-win!