Happy Monday and hello December! The tree is up, the Christmas jumpers are out, Christmas music is on repeat and the Christmas PJs are on. At last it is officially Christmas month! As a December baby it is absolutely my favourite time of year. Christmas doesn’t get any more magical than when you have little ones. Except maybe in the first year when you are way more excited than they are. But once they can open their own presents, enjoy a Christmas dinner almost as much as you and love looking at all the twinkly Christmas lights it really is the most wonderful time of the year.
On Marvellous Mondays it really has started to get very festive indeed. We hope you like our new #MarvMondays Christmas picture, we are all feeling very Christmassy and have loved reading all your Christmas posts so far. Last week we had a fantastic 95 posts linked up. We’re now reaching close to the 100 mark each week so thank you for all of our linkers, old & new, for helping to make that happen! We knew giveaway week would be a good turnout but for the surrounding weeks to be almost as popular has been great. We hope you all enjoyed celebrating our first birthday with us and we hope to celebrate many more.
Our top commentor this week is Fiona from Coombe Mill who left an amazing number of comments as she usually does when she links up. Thank you Fiona!
Fiona was closely followed by Amy from The Smallest of Things and Angela from Life, Motherhood & Everything. Thank you ladies for spending so much time reading and commenting on Marvellous Mondays posts!
On To Our Featured Posts Of The Week!
My featured post this week is The Nativity for Toddlers by R is For Hoppit which was a hilarious take on explaining the nativity story to toddlers. It had me in stitches because it pretty much accurately reflects how the conversation would go if I tried to explain it to my little one. This is seriously a must read post!
Kaye’s featured post this week is Adoption : There Are Always Two Sides To The Story by The Newby Tribe who writes an important post regarding those social media posts around relatives trying to find their adopted family members; the story may not always be what it seems.
Fran’s featured post for this week is from Crummy Mummy with Annoying Things You Only Notice When You Become A Parent which she could totally relate to and had her nodding in agreement, especially at how badly laid out shops are!!
If you’re joining us for the first time then Marvellous Mondays is a linky where you can share your posts, old and new. Hosted by the lovely Kaye, Fran and I, and joined each week by lots of lovely bloggers like you, we love to read, comment and share all the wonderful posts that you link up. So what are you waiting for? Get linking, sharing some blog love and help us make Mondays, the one day of the week we all love to hate, marvellous!
1. You can link up to two posts per week. Posts can be new or old and on any topic you would like to share and promote, but no linking up linkies please. The linky will open at 6am and close at 11.55pm every Monday.
2. We’d love it if you could make sure you’re following us @HelloArchie_, @MyPetitCanard and @backwithabump_ on Twitter – so that we can keep you up to date with all things Marvellous Mondays related.
3. Add the Marvellous Monday’s badge to the bottom of your post, or sidebar if you prefer. It’s really simple and easy to do, just copy and paste the HTML code from the badge below.
4. In true linky fashion, please share the love and comment on one of the hosts posts the post directly before yours and one other post of your choice. When commenting use the hashtag #MarvMondays so that they know how you have found their post and we can check everyone is commenting fairly. Please do not link and run. It’s not fair to other bloggers that link up and take the time to comment on other posts, and it’s just not good blogging etiquette!
5. Complete all your commenting on others posts by Friday evening so that these are picked up in our commenting checks on Saturday. Please make sure you have approved all comments by this time too.
6. To be chosen as one of our featured posts, you must have commented on the minimum number of posts and you must have our badge present on your post or in the sidebar of your site.
7. By linking up, you are giving us permission to send you a weekly email reminder for Marvellous Mondays.
Remember to use the hashtag #MarvMondays when sharing your posts on Twitter and include either @MyPetitCanard, @HelloArchie_ or @backwithabump_ so that we can share your Marvellous posts!