Welcome back to Marvellous Mondays. After complaining for the last few months about how rubbish our weather has been, I am now doing that typically british thing and complaining about how hot its been. I usually love the sun, but it’s not much fun with a newborn. Thankfully this week looks set to be a much cooler week. Warm but manageable for the little ones, and just in time for half term for all those of you that now have six weeks to fill with fun and creative days out and at home!
This week we had our highest number of link ups to Marvellous Monday which was fantastic to see, so thank you to everyone that returns each week, and welcome to all our new linkers! At the same time, we also had our highest number of people not commenting; 11, and highest number of posts with no comments; 8. These are just slight increases, but it is still disappointing to see this number going up rather than down especially when we have more people linking up than previously. So as a reminder please make sure that you are doing the minimum commenting laid out in the guidelines below and are using #MarvMondays when you comment so that we can be sure we are all spreading some blog love. As a reminder, Kaye and I check commenting every Saturday afternoon.
On To Our Wonderful Top Commentors This Week!
This week’s top commenter is Helena from Queen of Collage who left an amazing number of comments on posts last week. It was so lovely to see her comments on so many blog posts last week, especially when she has very recently had a new baby!
We also had the lovely Maddy from The Speed Bump and joint second commenters, Fran from Back With A Bump and Stef from Blabbermama sprinkle lots of blog love last week, thank you ladies!
Last but not least, a huge thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment on as many posts as they can. We really appreciate you helping us make Marvellous Mondays a great place to link up.
On To Our Featured Posts Of The Week!
My featured post this week is Toddler Group Etiquette from Meet Other Mums who shared a great post on what you can expect from playgroups should you have yet to discover the joys of them and the etiquette that goes along with them. Either you’ll have already been to a playgrouP or ten and will be nodding along when you read this post, or you’ll have yet to innocently wander into one and will be better off for having read this.
Kaye’s featured post this week is Why Pokemon Go! and Parenting are the same thing.. by The Speed Bump who wrote a hilarious post about the new phenomenon that is Pokemon Go! and how we as parents, certainly don’t need it as we have our own version of the game going on; check out Maddy’s fab post for some giggles and lots of ‘yep, that’s so true!’.
*NEW RULE ALERT! SEE RULE 5*
If you’re joining us for the first time then Marvellous Mondays is a linky where you can share your posts, old and new. Hosted by the lovely Kaye and I, and joined each week by lots of lovely bloggers like you, we love to read, comment and share all the wonderful posts that you link up. So what are you waiting for? Get linking, sharing some blog love and help us make Mondays, the one day of the week we all love to hate, marvellous!
1. You can link up to two posts per week. Posts can be new or old and on any topic you would like to share and promote. The linky will open at 6am and close at 11.55pm every Monday.
2. We’d love it if you could make sure you’re following us @HelloArchie_ and @MyPetitCanard on Twitter – mainly to ensure we can keep up with you all and remind you of the next weeks link-up!
3. Add the Marvellous Monday’s badge to the bottom of your post, or sidebar if you prefer. It’s really simple and easy to do, just copy and paste the HTML code from the badge below.
4. In true linky fashion, please share the love and comment on one of the hosts posts and the post directly before yours. When commenting use the hashtag #MarvMondays so that they know how you have found their post. Please do not link and run. It’s not fair to other bloggers that link up and take the time to comment on other posts, and it’s just not good blogging etiquette!
5. To be chosen as one of our featured posts, you must have commented on the minimum number of posts and you must have our badge present on your post or in the sidebar of your site.
6. By linking up, you are giving us permission to send you a weekly email reminder for Marvellous Mondays.
Remember to use the hashtag #MarvMondays when sharing your posts on Twitter and include either @MyPetitCanard or @HelloArchie_ so that we can share your Marvellous posts!
Happy linking and as always have a Marvellous Monday!