Welcome back to Marvellous Mondays! I think its safe to say that we have probably seen the last of the summer sun down here in the south east and autumn is well and truly underfoot. I am definitely looking forward to cozy rainy days in doors, welly boot days and finally digging out the autumn wardrobe – hello layers! I am not so much looking forward to darker mornings and nights and struggling to find good light (#BloggerProblems). The next big thing to look forward to now is Christmas which just a few days ago was only 100 days away (eeep!) can you believe it. I can’t wait, but at the same time I hope it doesn’t come too quickly!
Anyway, on to a recap of last weeks linky. We had a fantastic 70 of you join which is amazing, thank you! Commenting was slightly better than last week with 7 posts not receiving any comments, which we noticed were all towards the bottom of the linky which may suggest a timing issue alongside a few people not commenting. We should be able to get this number down further and even possibly eliminate it if firstly, everyone comments on the post before theirs and secondly you pop back into the linky to comment during the week. We know that yes, everyone is super busy and some people prefer to do their commenting there and then when they link up, but don’t forget linkys are all about discovering posts and new blogs and lots of you are potentially missing some fantastic posts as you don’t see those that are linked up after you. So if you have time do try to pop back into the linky after you have commented to see what else has been linked up, and who knows you could just discover your next favourite blogger in the process!
On To Our Wonderful Top Commentors This Week!
This week our top commenter is Fiona from Coombe Mill who did a fantastic amount of commenting. Fiona always finds time to leave lots of comments when she joins us for Marvellous Mondays so thank you!
Next we have our runner-up commenters Fran from Back With A Bump and Tegan from Tegan and Lewis who also did a great amount of commenting on your posts. Thanks ladies for sharing lots of blog love last week too.
Thank you to all our top commenters for taking time to comment on more posts than is expected, you are part of what makes Marvellous Mondays a great place to link up.
On To Our Featured Posts Of The Week!
My featured post this week is A Study of The Abyss That Is The Mom Purse by Four Princesses and The Cheese who shared her take on the mum bag post children, which typically includes a number of random toys, empty food wrappers and a lovely layer of crumbs coating the bottom of your bag for good measure. Revolting, but unfortunately very true!
Kaye’s featured post this week is Things To Know Before Being Induced by All Things Amy who writes a really informative post from her own experience of induction. Induction wasn’t something Kaye experienced in the end, but it was a strong possibility and she thought this post would’ve been amazing to read before she had Blue as she had no idea about the ins and outs of induction and what to expect!
If you’re joining us for the first time then Marvellous Mondays is a linky where you can share your posts, old and new. Hosted by the lovely Kaye and I, and joined each week by lots of lovely bloggers like you, we love to read, comment and share all the wonderful posts that you link up. So what are you waiting for? Get linking, sharing some blog love and help us make Mondays, the one day of the week we all love to hate, marvellous!
1. You can link up to two posts per week. Posts can be new or old and on any topic you would like to share and promote, but no linkies please. The linky will open at 6am and close at 11.55pm every Monday.
2. We’d love it if you could make sure you’re following us @HelloArchie_ and @MyPetitCanard on Twitter – mainly to ensure we can keep up with you all and remind you of the next weeks link-up!
3. Add the Marvellous Monday’s badge to the bottom of your post, or sidebar if you prefer. It’s really simple and easy to do, just copy and paste the HTML code from the badge below.
4. In true linky fashion, please share the love and comment on one of the hosts posts and the post directly before yours. When commenting use the hashtag #MarvMondays so that they know how you have found their post. Please do not link and run. It’s not fair to other bloggers that link up and take the time to comment on other posts, and it’s just not good blogging etiquette!
5. To be chosen as one of our featured posts, you must have commented on the minimum number of posts and you must have our badge present on your post or in the sidebar of your site.
6. By linking up, you are giving us permission to send you a weekly email reminder for Marvellous Mondays.
Remember to use the hashtag #MarvMondays when sharing your posts on Twitter and include either @MyPetitCanard or @HelloArchie_ so that we can share your Marvellous posts!
Happy linking and as always have a Marvellous Monday!