Welcome back to Marvellous Mondays! I start every week thinking its going to be a quiet one and that I’ll finally get round to tackling things in the house that I’ve been meaning to get round to forever, but it never happens. So its been another busy week, and already we’re getting ready for our first half term (can you believe it!) just as it feels like we’re starting to get into the whole school routine thing.
Anyway, theres some very exciting news on the linky front this week! After slowly but steadily growing the Marvellous Mondays linky thanks to all of you lovely people, Kaye and I are really excited to take on an additional co-host and welcome Fran from Back With A Bump into our little fold. For those of you that have been linking up with us for the last few months, you may remember Fran guest co-hosting the linky with Kaye when my little guy arrived. Anyway, she did such a cracking job that when we decided that we needed to recruit an additional team member, Fran was at the top of our list! We’re really looking forward to seeing what we can do as a threesome so watch this space, but for now please show her hosts posts some love!
This week its been great to see commenting continuing to improve with only six posts not receiving comments. Obviously we’d like to see this number dissapear completely, but its great to see it reducing week by week so thank you everyone for continuing to make such a great effort. As noted last week, those posts that arent receiving comments tend to be towards the end of the linky, so if you can, please try to check back in later in the week to see if there are any other posts you’d like to comment on. Its most likely that people are commenting around the same time that they are linking up, missing those posts added later in the day.
On To Our Wonderful Top Commentors This Week!
This week our top commenter is Ann from Rainbows are Too Beautiful who left an amazing number of comments on your posts. Thank you Ann for taking so much time this week to read and comment!
Next we have our runner-up commenters Fiona from Coombe Mill and Beth from Life As Mum who left a fantastic number of comments on your posts. Thank you both also for taking the time to read and comment on so many Marvellous Monday posts this week.
Thank you to all our top commenters for taking time to comment on more posts than is expected, you are big part of what makes Marvellous Mondays such a great place to link up.
On To Our Featured Posts Of The Week!
My featured post this week is Penny Bug and Her First Ballet Lesson From Rhian over at Tum to Mum, one of our relatively new linkers to Marvellous Mondays who shared a great post on her little ones first ballet lesson which goes to show that despite our best efforts as parents, you simply can’t plan for every eventuality. Her post had me giggling at the misfortune of it all, knowing that it so easily could have been me.
Kaye’s featured post this week is Why Living with Kids is Just Like Living in Student Accommodation by Digital Motherhood; she was nodding her head along to every single point Sarah made and it’s quite surprising how similar kids and students really are!
NOTE: Guideline Changes Below!
If you’re joining us for the first time then Marvellous Mondays is a linky where you can share your posts, old and new. Hosted by the lovely Kaye, Fran and I, and joined each week by lots of lovely bloggers like you, we love to read, comment and share all the wonderful posts that you link up. So what are you waiting for? Get linking, sharing some blog love and help us make Mondays, the one day of the week we all love to hate, marvellous!
1. You can link up to two posts per week. Posts can be new or old and on any topic you would like to share and promote, but no linking up linkies please. The linky will open at 6am and close at 11.55pm every Monday.
2. We’d love it if you could make sure you’re following us @HelloArchie_, @MyPetitCanard and @backwithabump_ on Twitter – so that we can keep you up to date with all things Marvellous Mondays related.
3. Add the Marvellous Monday’s badge to the bottom of your post, or sidebar if you prefer. It’s really simple and easy to do, just copy and paste the HTML code from the badge below.
4. In true linky fashion, please share the love and comment on one of the hosts posts the post directly before yours and one other post of your choice. When commenting use the hashtag #MarvMondays so that they know how you have found their post and we can check everyone is commenting fairly. Please do not link and run. It’s not fair to other bloggers that link up and take the time to comment on other posts, and it’s just not good blogging etiquette!
5. To be chosen as one of our featured posts, you must have commented on the minimum number of posts and you must have our badge present on your post or in the sidebar of your site.
6. By linking up, you are giving us permission to send you a weekly email reminder for Marvellous Mondays.
Remember to use the hashtag #MarvMondays when sharing your posts on Twitter and include either @MyPetitCanard, @HelloArchie_ or @backwithabump_ so that we can share your Marvellous posts!
Happy linking and as always have a Marvellous Monday!