Welcome back to Marvellous Mondays and what a week it has been! For many of us it was the first week back to school after the summer holidays. For us it was our very first week at school with the little lady starting nursery school, pre-school, or prep depending on how you refer to it where you are. Either way, it was a pretty big deal with the first school uniform, the first book bag, the first school teacher and our first ever school schedule. I have to admit, I think both the little lady and I have been excited about this week in equal measure! As much as it means my baby is growing up, I love seeing how happy she is and am so excited about all the adventures she is going to have, even if they will be without me. That and the return of a proper routine and getting back a little bit of me time again. Winning.
This week, we had 8 posts which weren’t commented on at all which again is disappointing. Can we all take the time to follow the rules and comment on at least the minimum that we ask for in the guidelines. If everyone follows the rules, every single post linked up should be receiving at least 2 comments (one from the linker in front and one from the host’s). We also had 7 linkers not commenting on any posts at all this week. We completely understand that sometimes it’s difficult to get back to the linky or we all have stuff going on in our lives, but please, please, please try not to link and run.
Finally, thank you to everyone who linked up last week. It’s always lovely to see familiar names and faces, and we always love welcoming new ones!
On To Our Wonderful Top Commentors This Week!
This week our top commenter is the lovely Kat of Candyfloss Dreams who did an amazing amount of commenting. Thank you so much for taking the time to spread so much linky love, its great to see your comments on so many posts!
Thank you to all our top commenters for taking time to comment on more posts than is expected, you’re the reason our little linky is growing so well week-by-week!
On To Our Featured Posts Of The Week!
My featured post this week is An Apology to Tess Stimson, the People On The Plane and in The Restaurant by Rainbows Are Too Beautiful who wrote a really eye opening and heartfelt open letter to Tess Stimson about what it is like to raise and integrate children with special needs into a society that doesn’t and isn’t always understanding of what having special needs means and looks like. It was a really touching post that made me want to understand more and do more to make sure that I do.
Kaye’s featured post this week is What to look for in a Newborn Photographer by Mudpie Fridays; Kaye’s never had a newborn photo shoot but was strongly considering it with their second and Clare had some fantastic tips, lots of things to consider that wouldn’t even have entered her head!
If you’re joining us for the first time then Marvellous Mondays is a linky where you can share your posts, old and new. Hosted by the lovely Kaye and I, and joined each week by lots of lovely bloggers like you, we love to read, comment and share all the wonderful posts that you link up. So what are you waiting for? Get linking, sharing some blog love and help us make Mondays, the one day of the week we all love to hate, marvellous!
1. You can link up to two posts per week. Posts can be new or old and on any topic you would like to share and promote, but no linkies please. The linky will open at 6am and close at 11.55pm every Monday.
2. We’d love it if you could make sure you’re following us @HelloArchie_ and @MyPetitCanard on Twitter – mainly to ensure we can keep up with you all and remind you of the next weeks link-up!
3. Add the Marvellous Monday’s badge to the bottom of your post, or sidebar if you prefer. It’s really simple and easy to do, just copy and paste the HTML code from the badge below.
4. In true linky fashion, please share the love and comment on one of the hosts posts and the post directly before yours. When commenting use the hashtag #MarvMondays so that they know how you have found their post. Please do not link and run. It’s not fair to other bloggers that link up and take the time to comment on other posts, and it’s just not good blogging etiquette!
5. To be chosen as one of our featured posts, you must have commented on the minimum number of posts and you must have our badge present on your post or in the sidebar of your site.
6. By linking up, you are giving us permission to send you a weekly email reminder for Marvellous Mondays.
Remember to use the hashtag #MarvMondays when sharing your posts on Twitter and include either @MyPetitCanard or @HelloArchie_ so that we can share your Marvellous posts!
Happy linking and as always have a Marvellous Monday!
<!– end InLinkz script —>