Welcome back to Marvellous Mondays! Theres definitely an autumn nip in the air now. The heating is on, the knitted jumpers are out and its only a matter of time before the winter boots are on. We’ve been enjoying the last few bright and sunny days before the grey clouds and rain permanently set in, and as sad as I’ll be to say goodbye to them until Spring, I am really looking forward to lots of warm snuggly days with the little ones at home. Does anyone else look forward to this as much as I do?!
Back to Marvellous Mondays, and I have to say we’re so excited to be returning this week as an official trio with Fran well and truly into the throes of things. Which is just as well as last week we had our highest ever link up with 89 of you joining us! Thank you to everyone that linked up, it really is the best thing watching Marvellous Monday grow each week. Both with those of you that link up with us week after week and with those of you joining us for the first time. We really do love reading all of your posts!
We’re still figuring out how best to run Marvellous Mondays between the three of us. Commenting being one of the areas that is a little trickier and taking a little longer to figure out, so huge apologies but for this week we havent got our list of top commentors. But fear not, we will share this weeks list of top commentors alongside next week when we will hopefully have everything figured out!
On To Our Featured Posts Of The Week!
My featured post this week is Switching Parenting Expectations – Mrs Dad by Dad’s Turn Raising Little Bear who wrote a rather funny role reversal post which gives you a bit of a glimpse of how it must sometimes feel to be a stay at home dad. I must admit I had a little chuckle, but it definitely made me think so a must read post for me this week!
Kaye’s featured post this week is 10 Reasons to Love Autumn by Digital Motherhood because it got her so excited for what’s to come this season and was a fab list of necessary things to do this year. Shes especially excited for bonfire night (now Archie is old enough to really enjoy it) and the countdown to Christmas!
Fran’s very first featured post for this week is Panic Stations: Its Time for Halloween by Lucy At Home who wrote about why she won’t be celebrating Halloween. Fran isn’t a huge fan of Halloween either so this post really resonated with her, particular the points on why it’s perhaps not the best idea to dress our kids up as something scary. Well worth a read!
If you’re joining us for the first time then Marvellous Mondays is a linky where you can share your posts, old and new. Hosted by the lovely Kaye, Fran and I, and joined each week by lots of lovely bloggers like you, we love to read, comment and share all the wonderful posts that you link up. So what are you waiting for? Get linking, sharing some blog love and help us make Mondays, the one day of the week we all love to hate, marvellous!
1. You can link up to two posts per week. Posts can be new or old and on any topic you would like to share and promote, but no linking up linkies please. The linky will open at 6am and close at 11.55pm every Monday.
2. We’d love it if you could make sure you’re following us @HelloArchie_, @MyPetitCanard and @backwithabump_ on Twitter – so that we can keep you up to date with all things Marvellous Mondays related.
3. Add the Marvellous Monday’s badge to the bottom of your post, or sidebar if you prefer. It’s really simple and easy to do, just copy and paste the HTML code from the badge below.
4. In true linky fashion, please share the love and comment on one of the hosts posts the post directly before yours and one other post of your choice. When commenting use the hashtag #MarvMondays so that they know how you have found their post and we can check everyone is commenting fairly. Please do not link and run. It’s not fair to other bloggers that link up and take the time to comment on other posts, and it’s just not good blogging etiquette!
5. To be chosen as one of our featured posts, you must have commented on the minimum number of posts and you must have our badge present on your post or in the sidebar of your site.
6. By linking up, you are giving us permission to send you a weekly email reminder for Marvellous Mondays.
Remember to use the hashtag #MarvMondays when sharing your posts on Twitter and include either @MyPetitCanard, @HelloArchie_ or @backwithabump_ so that we can share your Marvellous posts!
Happy linking and as always have a Marvellous Monday!