Welcome back to Marvellous Mondays. August is shaping up to be an exciting month! Kaye’s baby is now due to make an appearance imminently so we’re on baby watch waiting for her news. It feels like it was only yesterday that we were waiting for our little man to arrive, I really can’t believe that time has flown so quickly. The biggest question remains, will it be team pink or team blue that she joins, lets wait and see! Whilst Kaye will be welcoming a new arrival, we will be jetting off to Mauritius for our first family holiday and I can’t wait. My sister in law is getting married so we have a massive family holiday with an impressive 50 of us all flying out to be there. It definitely feels like a bit of a once in a lifetime holiday so we want to make the most of it.
With these things in mind, Kaye and I have decided that it would make sense of us to wind things down with Marvellous Mondays for the next few weeks, and so the linky will take a two week break starting from next week. Therefore Marvellous Mondays will not run from August 15 – August 22 and will resume on 29th August. As much as we love running our lovely little linky, it felt like this was probably the best option for us both, and will hopefully cause minimum disruption for everyone. The linky will continue to run as normal this week and Kaye and I will pick and share our favourite posts and top commentors from this week when we resume on the 29th. We will send reminders out a few days before the 29th so if you aren’t on our reminder list and would like to be added please let us know. We would love to see you all come back and link up with us again on August 29th!
This week we had a great week on the linky with a fantastic number of link ups, but more importantly, every single post linked up got a comment! It feels like a huge achievement, and one that we have all worked to accomplish together so thank you to everyone for really making an effort and taking the time to comment on posts. This is really starting to become such an amazing little community, well done guys!
On To Our Wonderful Top Commentors This Week!
Again we see the lovely Helena of The Queen of Collage and Beth of Life as Mum as our top commentors this week. Both ladies left an astounding number of comments on posts which is amazing. It’s so lovely to see their comments on so many of your posts as we read through them and add our own comments. Thank you both for spending so much time reading and commenting, especially when you are juggling newborns and toddlers like us!
Our runners-up this week who also did an amazing amount of commenting on others posts were the lovely Emma of Island Living 365 and Liane of Rosy Checks and Muddy Feet who has only recently started blogging again and is already spreading lots of blog love. Thank you both also for reading and commenting on so many posts this week!
Last but not least, a huge thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment on as many posts as they can. We really appreciate you helping us make Marvellous Mondays a great place to link up.
On To Our Featured Posts Of The Week!
My featured post this week is What I Think About When I think About Cbeebies by Kim and Hannah over at SisterKin whose post has convinced me that sitting the little one in front of Cbeebies every now and then might not be such a bad thing! I loved their thoughts on a few of the popular programmes and loved to see that im not the only one who’s wondered what Justin’s House Robert the Robot actually looks like!
Kaye’s featured post this week is Breastfeeding Myths Debunked by Lucy at Home; As the birth of her second child becomes closer each day shes been thinking alot about how her breastfeeding journey will go and she loved this informative post by Lucy where she talks about her own stories too. Kaye struggled with her first due to lack of knowledge and support so she loves reading these open and honest posts by other Mummy’s who have managed to become well-established with breatfeeding their babies!
If you’re joining us for the first time then Marvellous Mondays is a linky where you can share your posts, old and new. Hosted by the lovely Kaye and I, and joined each week by lots of lovely bloggers like you, we love to read, comment and share all the wonderful posts that you link up. So what are you waiting for? Get linking, sharing some blog love and help us make Mondays, the one day of the week we all love to hate, marvellous!
1. You can link up to two posts per week. Posts can be new or old and on any topic you would like to share and promote. The linky will open at 6am and close at 11.55pm every Monday.
2. We’d love it if you could make sure you’re following us @HelloArchie_ and @MyPetitCanard on Twitter – mainly to ensure we can keep up with you all and remind you of the next weeks link-up!
3. Add the Marvellous Monday’s badge to the bottom of your post, or sidebar if you prefer. It’s really simple and easy to do, just copy and paste the HTML code from the badge below.
4. In true linky fashion, please share the love and comment on one of the hosts posts and the post directly before yours. When commenting use the hashtag #MarvMondays so that they know how you have found their post. Please do not link and run. It’s not fair to other bloggers that link up and take the time to comment on other posts, and it’s just not good blogging etiquette!
5. To be chosen as one of our featured posts, you must have commented on the minimum number of posts and you must have our badge present on your post or in the sidebar of your site.
6. By linking up, you are giving us permission to send you a weekly email reminder for Marvellous Mondays.
Remember to use the hashtag #MarvMondays when sharing your posts on Twitter and include either @MyPetitCanard or @HelloArchie_ so that we can share your Marvellous posts!
Happy linking and as always have a Marvellous Monday and see you back here on 29th August!