As a parent of a toddler, I’ve come to realise over the last few months that this toddler business is rather precarious. Tantrums and tears can happen at the drop of a hat and for the most random and whimsical of reasons. I couldn’t help but be slightly amused the other day when a plane in the sky caused my little lady’s latest meltdown, and so begins the list of 10 random reasons for a toddler tantrum. Have a read, then add your own!
1. Because the aeroplane has flown away and disappeared into the sky, like aeroplanes do.
2. Because there are no Cinderella pull ups left in the packet. Only Minnie Mouse, and Minnie Mouse just won’t do.
3. Because mummy or daddy selected the wrong episode of Peppa Pig from the 20 other identical looking episodes to pick from. No, not that one mummy, the other one that looks exactly like that one. Duh.
4. Because mummy or daddy broke or cut the orange, banana or potato in half. In fact breaking anything in half is just bad news. No breaking or cutting things in half! OCD much?
5. Because her balloon from the most recent birthday party she attended has deflated over the last few days. Erm, they do that right?
6. Because she doesn’t like the usual cup she uses for her bedtime milk. She MUST have one of the other cups that she hasn’t used for months.
7. Because on the way home from nursery, she wants to go on a completely random route she truly believes will take us home but wont (based on the fact that it is going in the opposite direction!).
8.Because she wants to wear her Toy Story, Disney Princess or Cinderella pyjamas (again), but can’t because they are in the wash (again!).
9. Because after wearing them to bed, she then wants to go to nursery in her Toy Story, Disney Princess or Cinderella pyjamas and completely believes this is acceptable normal every day attire (in all fairness we need to teach her that it’s not!).
10. Because rather use the pushchair for what it was designed for and sit in it, she wants to push and steer it in a busy shop, supermarket, street or airport without any help from mummy or daddy.
So I’ve basically I’ve come to realise that my little lady has quite an independent streak, is very headstrong and at times incredibly fickle! What kind of random things does your little one have tantrums about that you just dont get? What have been the amusing or the most random or the most stressful tantrums or tears you’ve experienced so far?