These days these thick, fluffy pancakes with creme fraiche, blueberries and strawberries are totally ruling breakfast times in our house. This is my all time favourite American pancakes recipe inspired by some of the greatest chefs and tweaked over time to make it perfect.
This is a super easy, tried and tested one bowl pancake recipe that is guaranteed to give you thick fluffy pancakes of deliciousness in just 10 minutes!
American Pancakes Recipe
Makes 10 pancakes
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 225g Plain Flour
- 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder
- 300ml Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2tsp Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 10g Unsalted Melted & Cooled Butter
- Add all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl starting with the flour, baking powder, sugar and then salt.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, add the eggs and mix.
- Slowly incorporate the milk and mix before adding the melted butter.
- Mix all the ingredient together until you have a smooth thick batter.
- Pour the batter mix into a jug and use the jug to pour out your pancake mix into a hot pan of melted butter.
- Cook for 1 – 2 minutes until bubbles appear in the pancake, flip and cook for a further 1 – 2 minutes.
- Serve straight out of the pan and douse with some creme fraiche and your favourite fruit or go traditional with some tasty maple syrup. Fancy a more savoury version? Just add bacon!
Tip: Substitute sugar for banana if you want a healthier, but equally tasty version of this receipe. If you dont want to make as many, halve the ingredients to make 5 pancakes. Voila!
If you tried my American pancakes recipe let me know what you put on top of yours!
Pin this recipe for later or share it with someone who would love these!