The one thing I appreciate the most since I returned to work is time, because of the huge lack of it in my life these days. I spend my days bouncing from one place or task to another, so even the simplest of things like meal times can be really squeezed by the time we get to the end of the day. I’m always on the look out for quick and easy meal ideas, short cuts and clever hacks that will help me whip up something tasty for the whole family quickly. I love it when I find things that save me time and effort and over the last few months have incorporated things like frozen herbs, garlic and onions into our larder which have been life changing.
My latest and most exciting discovery are Princes Tuna Fillers which practically shortcut your meal prep and cooking time in half. These little tins of goodness are perfect whacked on top of a baked potato, mixed into some pasta, thrown into a salad or added into a sandwich. It’s amazing how quick and easy they are to incorporate into lunch or dinner which is perfect come 7pm after the school run. It can be such a challenge to find the energy to cook something nutritious, varied and tasty after a busy, non stop day but these little tins make it so easy. They are so simple but so good, so I wanted to share a few recipes with them that we have tried and loved, as well as a few ways I think you could use them in case it helps inspire you and some of your busy family meal times.
Baked Potato, Tuna, Sweetcorn and Mustard Mayo Recipe
Preparation & Cooking Time: 7 minutes (microwave) – 65 minutes (oven)
- Baked potato
- Olive oil
- Princes New York Deli Tuna Filler
- Prick the baked potato all over
- Season with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
- Bake in the oven for 60 minutes, or pop into the microwave for 5 minutes
- Remove from oven, cut down the middle and add butter
- Add the tuna, sweetcorn and mustard mayo filler
Tuna & Mozzarella Toasted Sandwich Recipe
Preparation & Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Princes Tuna Chunks in spring water
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Set out or slice two slices of bread
- Add butter if desired
- Add the drained tuna to one slice of bread
- Add grated mozzarella to the other slice of bread
- Put the two slices together like a sandwich and toast in the toaster for 2-3 minutes
I hope you guys are feeling inspired after reading this, but if you need a few more ideas the creative folk over at Princes have a load more tasty recipes that you can check out!
Disclosure; this is a collaborative post with Princes as part of the #mumsontherun campaign. However all thoughts and opinions are my own.