It’s crazy to think that this time last week we were on the final countdown to Christmas and now it all seems like it is in the very distant future already. Christmas comes and goes so quickly and this year has been no different. So the last week has been all about slowing down and being present in the moment, both to enjoy time with family, but also to reflect on the year that has passed and the year ahead. Its been a lovely mixture of laughter, excitement, stillness and quiet, and for the first time in a long time I have felt myself start to unwind and relax. I have delighted this week in the really small, simple things that actually feel like the biggest things and have made me feel really happy and content like:
1.A lovely visit to see Father Christmas at our local garden centre with the little ones. Its simple but really nice and I think of all the Father Christmas visits and experiences we’ve taken the little ones to over the last three years I think this one is my favourite.
2. Gorgeous new Christmas family snaps of the four of us. We have exactly the same ones, with the same Father Christmas from last year, except now we have them with the little man in them.
3. An invitation to the Next winter sale. We didn’t really need anything, or end up getting much but I am grateful that we got an invite as they aren’t guaranteed and we have had seasons where we havent received one.
4. Being able to collect our Turkey a day ahead of our actual slot. A small thing, but it meant that we could squeeze more last minute things that we needed to do in before Christmas.
5. Having some lovely pre-Christmas drinks with our neighbours.
6. Being gifted beautiful Christmas presents from the Mr, little ones and family.
7. Being in a position to gift our family and friends with lovely gifts this Christmas.
8. The little guy sleeping through, only the second one in his six months since arriving!
9. Having the time to read some books that I really enjoyed.
10. Enjoying a lovely walk in the park and lunch with the little ones, our nephew and my in-laws.
11. Having the time and energy to start decluttering ready for the new year. It makes me feel so energised and ready for the year ahead.
12. Having the time to sneak in a quick workout.
13. Finally being able to order a hard drive for my over loaded Mac Book.
14. The Mr helping me to clean up and make some space on my Mac Book.
15. Having some down time from blogging.
16. Having the space to reflect on 2016 and the year ahead.
If you have anything you’re feeling grateful for this week, I’d love it if you shared them in the comments below.