Welcome back to Marvellous Mondays, and for some of us, it’s finally half term, yay! Its our first half term so it’s very much a novelty and one that im worried about explaining to the little lady every day for the next two weeks. She declared on the last day of term that she loves school and wants to go every day so it could be an interesting two weeks! That said, we do have lots of play dates and autumn planned so im hoping that she’ll be having way too much fun to notice. It’s crazy to think that once the little ones go back to school it’ll be the start of November and then we’ll really be on the countdown to Christmas!
Thanks to everyone that linked up with us last week, we had 90 link ups which again is amazing! However, commenting again wasnt fantastic and there were 14 posts that didn’t receive any comments. Again this is disappointing to see and something we have to change to make it fair for everyone joining us. We want Marvellous Mondays to continue to be a great place for you to link up to each week, both in terms of discovering lots of other fantastic bloggers, and for helping you to promote your posts so please make sure you follow the guidelines and comment on the minimum number of posts.
Top Commentors This Week
Our top commentor this week is the lovely Fiona from Coombe Mill who left so many lovely comments on so many of your posts. She always takes the time to leave lots of comments when she links up and is often a top commentor so thank you as always Fiona!
Our second top commentors this week are Kat from Candyfloss & Dreams and Emily from Babies and Beauty who both also left a fantastic number of comments on so many of your posts. Emily was also a second top commentor last week which is fantastic. Thank you both ladies!
On To Our Featured Posts Of The Week!
My featured post this week is Questions To Ask At Parents Evening by The Newby Tribe who wrote a great post on what questions to ask at parents evening in order to gain the most insight and really use those precious ten minutes with the teacher well. It’s particularly helpful as we’ll be having our first parents evening the week after half term so I’m really keen to make sure we ask questions that will help us get a good feel for how the little lady has been settling in to school life.
Kaye’s featured post this week is Jaki Jellz with Who Should Discipline Your Child? who raises some important points around who should discipline your child and how it can affect your parenting when other people decide to take it upon themselves to do it.
Fran’s featured post for this week is Crummy Mummy with How Can I Boost My Child’s Self Esteem? It’s that moment every parent dreads when they hear their child talk about themselves negatively, and this post had some really helpful tips on how to encourage our children to be independent and confident.
If you’re joining us for the first time then Marvellous Mondays is a linky where you can share your posts, old and new. Hosted by the lovely Kaye, Fran and I, and joined each week by lots of lovely bloggers like you, we love to read, comment and share all the wonderful posts that you link up. So what are you waiting for? Get linking, sharing some blog love and help us make Mondays, the one day of the week we all love to hate, marvellous!
1. You can link up to two posts per week. Posts can be new or old and on any topic you would like to share and promote, but no linking up linkies please. The linky will open at 6am and close at 11.55pm every Monday.
2. We’d love it if you could make sure you’re following us @HelloArchie_, @MyPetitCanard and @backwithabump_ on Twitter – so that we can keep you up to date with all things Marvellous Mondays related.
3. Add the Marvellous Monday’s badge to the bottom of your post, or sidebar if you prefer. It’s really simple and easy to do, just copy and paste the HTML code from the badge below.
4. In true linky fashion, please share the love and comment on one of the hosts posts the post directly before yours and one other post of your choice. When commenting use the hashtag #MarvMondays so that they know how you have found their post and we can check everyone is commenting fairly. Please do not link and run. It’s not fair to other bloggers that link up and take the time to comment on other posts, and it’s just not good blogging etiquette!
5. Complete all your commenting on others posts by Friday evening so that these are picked up in our commenting checks on Saturday. Please make sure you have approved all comments by this time too.
6. To be chosen as one of our featured posts, you must have commented on the minimum number of posts and you must have our badge present on your post or in the sidebar of your site.
7. By linking up, you are giving us permission to send you a weekly email reminder for Marvellous Mondays.
Remember to use the hashtag #MarvMondays when sharing your posts on Twitter and include either @MyPetitCanard, @HelloArchie_ or @backwithabump_ so that we can share your Marvellous posts!
Happy linking and as always have a Marvellous Monday!