Happy Monday! I can hardly believe its February already. I know January is supposed to feel like the longest, slowest month of the year but it felt like it flew by. I don’t know whether it is because I am on maternity leave, or because I have a baby, or perhaps both, but it definitely went more quickly compared to previous years. I can’t wait for half term which is literally around the corner now. It’s definitely time to start planning what we’re going to do, and hopefully this weeks post which I have linked up will help any of you that are starting to think about what to do too!
Thank you to everyone who linked up with us last week. Again we had another great week with 93 of you joining us. It was also lovely to see so many new names and faces joining us too, so for those of you that are new welcome to Marvellous Mondays! Please make sure you take the time to read our guidelines below and get familiar with the linky, especially commenting which is really important to us. If you have any questions just give Kaye, Fran or myself a shout and we’ll be happy to help.
Commenting still remains a big focus for us as we are still finding there are too many posts that have no comments or less than the guidelines. Please, please, please make sure you are all commenting on one the host posts, the post before yours and any other post of your choice. We know that everyone is very busy, but it’s not fair to link and run. We’re really open to hearing your feedback and suggestions so if you have any you would like to share then get in touch with one of us.
On To Our Featured Posts Of The Week!
Thank you to the lovely Gary from The Life Of A Stay At Home Dad of Two for sharing his eye opening and gut wrenching post Watching My Baby Girl Suffer From Seizures has Scarred Me For Life. As a parent I can’t think of anything worse than watching a little one go through such a scary experience at such a young age. Reading Gary’s account of it was just as touching as it was emotional so thank you for sharing it with us all on Marvellous Mondays.
Thank you Gary and don’t forget to grab your Featured Post badge below!
Our top commenter this week was the lovely Fiona from Coombe Mill who always takes the time to leave lots of lovely comments on your posts when she links up. Thank you Fiona!
Our next top commentors were Beth from Life As Mum and Becky from Mummy & Rory. Thank you all ladies for spending lots of time reading and commenting. You are all part of what makes Marvellous Mondays great!
If you’re joining us for the first time then Marvellous Mondays is a linky where you can share your posts, old and new. Hosted by the lovely Kaye, Fran and I, and joined each week by lots of lovely bloggers like you, we love to read, comment and share all the wonderful posts that you link up. So what are you waiting for? Get linking, sharing some blog love and help us make Mondays, the one day of the week we all love to hate, marvellous!
1. You can link up to two posts per week. Posts can be new or old and on any topic you would like to share and promote, but no linking up linkies please. The linky will open at 6am and close at 11.55pm every Monday.
2. We’d love it if you could make sure you’re following us @HelloArchie_, @MyPetitCanard and @backwithabump_ on Twitter – so that we can keep you up to date with all things Marvellous Mondays related.
3. Add the Marvellous Monday’s badge to the bottom of your post, or sidebar if you prefer. It’s really simple and easy to do, just copy and paste the HTML code from the badge below.
4. In true linky fashion, please share the love and comment on one of the hosts posts the post directly before yours and one other post of your choice. When commenting use the hashtag #MarvMondays so that they know how you have found their post and we can check everyone is commenting fairly. Please do not link and run. It’s not fair to other bloggers that link up and take the time to comment on other posts, and it’s just not good blogging etiquette!
5. Complete all your commenting on others posts by Friday evening so that these are picked up in our commenting checks on Saturday. Please make sure you have approved all comments by this time too.
6. To be chosen as one of our featured posts, you must have commented on the minimum number of posts and you must have our badge present on your post or in the sidebar of your site.
7. By linking up, you are giving us permission to send you a weekly email reminder for Marvellous Mondays.
Remember to use the hashtag #MarvMondays when sharing your posts on Twitter and include either @MyPetitCanard, @HelloArchie_ or @backwithabump_ so that we can share your Marvellous posts!