Happy Monday everyone! Its been a week of up and downs over here. Getting back into the school routine has been tough going, but hopefully by next week we’ll be back into the rhythm of it all. The highlight of my week was definitely going to my first ever blogging conference, Blog Fest and meeting so many of you lovely people. I don’t think there is anything quite like meeting bloggers who you’ve been speaking to for months, and in some cases years face to face for the first time!
Theres some exciting news on the linky front this week. As you all know, last week we celebrated Marvellous Mondays first birthday and as part of our celebration we’re teaming up with an amazing brand to bring you a lovely giveaway in the next few weeks. As a little hint, you may want to get some serious commenting practice in over the next few weeks as we’ll be looking to reward our top commenter as part of the giveaway once it starts!
We had another fabulous week with 95 pots linked up for our 1st birthday, thank you all you lovely people! However we also had 17 posts that didn’t receive any comments at all. It still seems to be the last few posts that are linked up that get little to no comments so please do try to pop back later in the week and leave some comments on the last few posts if you can. Dont forget to make sure the name of your blog is included so we can match up the comments easily.
Our top commentor this week is the lovely Fiona from Coombe Mill who commented on a record number of Marvellous Mondays posts, thank you Fiona!
A huge thank you to all of these ladies for taking their time to read so many posts and leave comments, especially when their own posts didn’t necessarily get a lot of comments. We want Marvellous Mondays to continue to be a great place for you to link up to each week, both in terms of discovering lots of other fantastic bloggers, and for helping you to promote your posts so please make sure you all follow the guidelines and comment on the minimum number of posts.
On To Our Featured Posts Of The Week!
My featured post this week is 5 Toys That Arent Just For Christmas by Shinners and the Brood who shared a perfectly timed post of five of their favourite, or not so favourite toys for Christmas that had me chuckling away, whilst mentally writing my list at the same time.
Kaye’s featured post this week is My rainbow baby by Mrs H’s Favourite Things who writes a beautiful sad, but happy post all about her journey to her two rainbow babies and what the term rainbow baby means to her. Lucy’s starting a fantastic blog series where others can share their stories of having children after loss and what it means to them so pop over and have a read.
Fran’s featured post for this week is from Mommy and Rory with Five Things I Dislike About My Boyfriend which really made her chuckle. To mark their anniversary Becky decided to share some of the silly things that annoy her about her boyfriend which Fran could totally relate to!
If you’re joining us for the first time then Marvellous Mondays is a linky where you can share your posts, old and new. Hosted by the lovely Kaye, Fran and I, and joined each week by lots of lovely bloggers like you, we love to read, comment and share all the wonderful posts that you link up. So what are you waiting for? Get linking, sharing some blog love and help us make Mondays, the one day of the week we all love to hate, marvellous!
1. You can link up to two posts per week. Posts can be new or old and on any topic you would like to share and promote, but no linking up linkies please. The linky will open at 6am and close at 11.55pm every Monday.
2. We’d love it if you could make sure you’re following us @HelloArchie_, @MyPetitCanard and @backwithabump_ on Twitter – so that we can keep you up to date with all things Marvellous Mondays related.
3. Add the Marvellous Monday’s badge to the bottom of your post, or sidebar if you prefer. It’s really simple and easy to do, just copy and paste the HTML code from the badge below.
4. In true linky fashion, please share the love and comment on one of the hosts posts the post directly before yours and one other post of your choice. When commenting use the hashtag #MarvMondays so that they know how you have found their post and we can check everyone is commenting fairly. Please do not link and run. It’s not fair to other bloggers that link up and take the time to comment on other posts, and it’s just not good blogging etiquette!
5. Complete all your commenting on others posts by Friday evening so that these are picked up in our commenting checks on Saturday. Please make sure you have approved all comments by this time too.
6. To be chosen as one of our featured posts, you must have commented on the minimum number of posts and you must have our badge present on your post or in the sidebar of your site.
7. By linking up, you are giving us permission to send you a weekly email reminder for Marvellous Mondays.
Remember to use the hashtag #MarvMondays when sharing your posts on Twitter and include either @MyPetitCanard, @HelloArchie_ or @backwithabump_ so that we can share your Marvellous posts!
Happy linking and as always have a Marvellous Monday!