Welcome back to Marvellous Mondays. For those of you that were on half term like us, I hope you all had a lovely time with your little ones, and for those that weren’t hopefully you’ve all had a fun Halloween weekend at least! It was a quiet one for us as the little guy was unwell, but we’re heading into our second week of half term so still have plenty of time to have some mini adventures. This week we’re looking forward to play dates, family visits and a trip to the Polka Theatre. Then next weekend we’ll be heading down to Cornwall for the weekend with some friends and their little one which we’re really excited about!
Its been lovely to see lots of autumn posts, Halloween posts and even the first few Christmas posts start to appear on Marvellous Mondays. Now that Halloween is out of the way and we’re heading into November I’m sure we will start to see the Christmas posts come in thick and fast which is very exciting indeed.
Thanks to everyone that linked up with us last week, we had a fantastic number of people join again which was fantastic. However we had another poor week for commenting with 16 posts not receiving any comments, a slight increase on last week. This continues to be disappointing to see and something we have to change to make it fair for everyone joining us. We want Marvellous Mondays to continue to be a great place for you to link up to each week, both in terms of discovering lots of other fantastic bloggers, and for helping you to promote your posts so please make sure you follow the guidelines and comment on the minimum number of posts.
Top Commentors This Week
Our top commentor this week is the lovely Emily from Babies & Beauty who left an amazing number of comments on your posts.
Thank you all for taking so much time to leave so many lovely comments on so many posts last week. You are all part of what makes Marvellous Mondays such a great place for people to link up each week.
On To Our Featured Posts Of The Week!
My featured post this week is My 11 Truths About Adoption by Tooting Mama who shared a really insightful and thought provoking post on adoption from the perspective of both the parents and the children. As someone who doesn’t know very much about adoption it really opened my eyes and gave me a whole new perspective on it.
Kaye’s featured post this week is from Sparkles & Stretchmarks with Am I The Only Blogger Who. From the beginning to the very end of Hayley’s post Kaye was nodding along and laughing out loud, a fab one that all of us bloggers can relate to!
Fran’s featured post for this week is Five Little Doves with Introducing Rainbow Week. As a mum who has also lost a child, this beautiful post really resonated with Fran on celebrating life after loss and the miracle of the rainbow baby.
If you’re joining us for the first time then Marvellous Mondays is a linky where you can share your posts, old and new. Hosted by the lovely Kaye, Fran and I, and joined each week by lots of lovely bloggers like you, we love to read, comment and share all the wonderful posts that you link up. So what are you waiting for? Get linking, sharing some blog love and help us make Mondays, the one day of the week we all love to hate, marvellous!
1. You can link up to two posts per week. Posts can be new or old and on any topic you would like to share and promote, but no linking up linkies please. The linky will open at 6am and close at 11.55pm every Monday.
2. We’d love it if you could make sure you’re following us @HelloArchie_, @MyPetitCanard and @backwithabump_ on Twitter – so that we can keep you up to date with all things Marvellous Mondays related.
3. Add the Marvellous Monday’s badge to the bottom of your post, or sidebar if you prefer. It’s really simple and easy to do, just copy and paste the HTML code from the badge below.
4. In true linky fashion, please share the love and comment on one of the hosts posts the post directly before yours and one other post of your choice. When commenting use the hashtag #MarvMondays so that they know how you have found their post and we can check everyone is commenting fairly. Please do not link and run. It’s not fair to other bloggers that link up and take the time to comment on other posts, and it’s just not good blogging etiquette!
5. Complete all your commenting on others posts by Friday evening so that these are picked up in our commenting checks on Saturday. Please make sure you have approved all comments by this time too.
6. To be chosen as one of our featured posts, you must have commented on the minimum number of posts and you must have our badge present on your post or in the sidebar of your site.
7. By linking up, you are giving us permission to send you a weekly email reminder for Marvellous Mondays.
Remember to use the hashtag #MarvMondays when sharing your posts on Twitter and include either @MyPetitCanard, @HelloArchie_ or @backwithabump_ so that we can share your Marvellous posts!
Happy linking and as always have a Marvellous Monday!