After two lovely weeks off together as a family normality has resumed with the start of the new year. I didn’t realise just how much I would enjoy the Christmas and New Year break. Not so much because of Christmas and New Year itself, although that was obviously lovely, but because of the time that I got to properly unwind, slow down, reflect and at times, do nothing. It was absolute bliss. Usually the holidays feel like they fly by, but this year it didn’t and for that I am hugely grateful, along with:
1. Spending New Years day with our extended family. These days with so many little ones between us it is a bit of an effort to get schedules to align, but New Years was a great excuse for everyone to make that extra effort to make it happen.
2. Catching up with friends and their little one for lunch, a spot of shopping and arcade games which was a fun way to spend an afternoon.
3. Finding a to do list pad in Kikki K that I have wanted for ages but hadn’t been able to find anywhere for months. It’s seriously gorgeous.
4. Discovering the joy that is Marie Kondo. If you havent read it yet and have plans to spring clean this new year, definitely read it.
5. Getting a lie in until 11pm on the weekend. I don’t remember the last time it happened, but it was amazing.
6. The littlest one sleeping through again one night this week. Dare I say this could be the start of something exciting?
7. All of us finally getting over the colds and coughs we had between us for the whole two week Christmas and New Year period.
8. The Christmas tree and decorations finally being down. As much as I love Christmas, I was ready for the new year to begin.
9. Getting an extra day at home with the Mr. He pulled a muscle in his back taking the Christmas tree down so couldn’t go back to work on Tuesday and had to stay home with us instead.
10. Getting back into routine with the start of the new school term. I am dreading the morning school runs, but it’ll be nice to have the little ones, and us in bed at a decent time at night again.
11. Getting to catch up with the lovely Aba from Do You Noa for lunch at Box Park today.
If you have anything you’re feeling grateful for this week, I’d love it if you shared them in the comments below.